Basic use liano/trinity based motherboard/processor combo

kartikoli

Busy!!
i have reached the waiting limit and now i cant wait any more so please advice motherboard, processor , ram[4GB] , SMPS in 10k range and if possible then an entry level secondhand GPU as well

looking to buy a liano/trinity based motherboard/processor combo in 6~7k range

This is a basic setup for my sister where she can play some games along with her studies
main use .... simple java programs (class 9th standard)and occasional games - some racing , action adventure , RPG , puzzle games would be good on low/medium settings [for HD games she can always use my main PC under my guidance]
so i think a dual core setup is enough

PC specs
samsung 22' full HD TFT monitor
cooler master 550W extreme power plus (will replace with corsair 430W or seasonc/gigabyte/FSP 450W @ 3k range- not included in this budget as of now)
athlon x2 250 + gigabyte 785chipset mobo (will sell these and add 2~3k to get the combo) as not many games are playable on 22' screen with readon 4250 IGP
2GB ram

please suggest accordingly also i cant found any trinity setup (online) as FM1 will be fazed out very soon

Last edited:
OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
thanks for the suggestion but now i have decided to go with trinity setup so any advice would be highly appreciated

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trinity APUs still not available in here and for your needs A6-3500 is more than enough but still if you want to wait for then AMD A6-5400K is what falls in the same price category ( $5 more though ) and there's no word can be said about cheap mobos ATM though you may expect some socket FM2 mobos under 4k.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
i have reached the waiting limit and now i cant wait any more so please advice motherboard, processor , ram[4GB] , SMPS in 10k range and if possible then an entry level secondhand GPU as well

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Pentium 630/645 @ 3.4k
Asrock H61 Mobo @ 2.7k
Corsair 4GB DDr3 Ram @ 1.1k
Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k / Cx430v2 @ 2.6k

Now if you don't have separate budget for the GPU then the only possible way to get a GPU is to buy a cheap 500 bucks generic PSU and a HD6450 GPU or if second hand try to get some GT240.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
thanks bro i wont go for cheap SMPS so i would rather increase my budget to get some cheap GPU (second hand)

any other alternate for motherboard likes of gigabyte, asus and does this H61 chipset matches with HD4250 in case i cant get the GPU straight away

decided these components
Intel Pentium 630/645 @ 3.4k
Corsair 4GB DDr3 Ram @ 1.1k
Corsair VS450 @ 2.1k

P.S. how is Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the gfx performance depends on the CPU not the chipset anymore and I can't really make a comparision between HD4250 and Intel HD gfx but the first one should be better .. anyway this can be easily solved with a discrete gfx card anytime.

As for mobo you better buy a 2.7k mobo ( but if you are buying a gfx card later your monitor should have a VGA port ) and spend those extra 600 bucks on the gfx card.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
purchased the combo today
unlocked 555BE [stable Quad] + asus mobo 880chipset [will check the model no.] + 4GB corsair ram 1333Mhz + corsair VS450

will search few options for GPU under 2~3k range in our market zone

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
congrats ;-) and the mbo model no. must be M5A88-M ;-)
BTW, why did you jumped to AMD config from Intel and how much you paid in total ??

Top Bottom