Basic PC for 15K

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Hi Guys,

I have gone through other similar threads in this section which mentioned PC for 12K and 18K but they didn't help as the guy with 12K budget finally purchased config for 24K and the other thread did not have whole configuration. So my friend is looking for this:

Anyways it goes like this:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Basic PC. For giving it as a playtoy to very young kid. No gaming, no heavy graphic usage. Will watch movies occasionally. Internet Surfing mostly, no downloading.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes, any configuration will do. No strings attached.

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Rs. 15,000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Nope - my friend is not too technical. My support is also limited to getting the config :)

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows XP (could be upgraded to Win7 too)

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500GB will suffice.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: The lowest we can get, no issues. 14-15"

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: I have assembled mine and few others'

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: First week next month

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No, if it serves 2-3 years, it is good :)

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: He needs a complete PC but as it is for basic purpose only I do not think he is going to need a graphics card, no TV tuner.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Bangalore

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: None, covered every point above I guess. :)

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Amd athlon ii x2 250 @ 2.8k
Gigabyte 740g based mobo @ 2.7k
1 gb ddr3 1333mhz ram @ 1.2k
Wd caviar blue 500 gb @ 2k
DVD writer from samsung/ lite-on @ 1k
Iball cabby with inbuilt psu @ 0.5k
Logitech combo @ 0.7k
19" CRT monitor @ 2.5k or 15" LCD monitor @ 4.5k
Total - around 15k

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Athlon II X2 250 3GHz @ 3K
Biostar A780L3 @ 2.6k
2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.3k
WD 500GB Blue @ 2k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
Zebronics Cabinet with Psu @ 1k
15" LCD Monitor @ 4.7k
Logitech Keyboard and Mouse @ 0.7k

Total - 17.3k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
get biostar A780L3 mobo and sempron proccy. Cabinet might cost upto 800-900. This will allow for a 15" LCD monitor which is better for kids, or they'll get specs by 15

OP
gagan007

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehe yes you are right Cool Buddy...will surely mention that ;)

thanks a ton Jaskanwar and Cybertonic...I knew I would get best advice from you guys ...

Top Bottom