Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

slashragnarok

In the zone
But if I'm always gonna use a video card, is Z68 any good for me. Video conversion means nothing to me and SSDs are way out of budget.

tkin

Back to school!!
But if I'm always gonna use a video card, is Z68 any good for me. Video conversion means nothing to me and SSDs are way out of budget.
If your gpu ever needs rma(hopefully never), you'd have no means of using the pc, rma takes about a month in most cases or more, you'll be stranded then.

MegaMind

Human Spambot

I had the same situation too... But bcoz of Z68 chipset, price< P67 PRO i got the P8Z68-V..

Diff..
Contents | P8P67 PRO | P8Z68-V OC Features |same|same
sata 3.0 ports |4|2
sata 2.0 ports |4|4
IEEE 1394a ports |yes|no
DTS feature |yes|no

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
Gskill Ripjaws X or Corsair Vengeance ? Which one and why not the other ? Is it only cause Vengeance has clearance issues ? Or does one of them perform better ?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Gskill Ripjaws X or Corsair Vengeance ? Which one and why not the other ? Is it only cause Vengeance has clearance issues ? Or does one of them perform better ?
Ripjaws X...

1. clearance with large CPU cooler
2. looks cool(IMO)
3. performance wise both are good.

Our forum member Faun has switched to ripjaws X due to lack clearance..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may be repeating, but vengeance is ugly!!! Dominator is better, but GSkill looks best.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
So performance wise they are at par ?
On another forum i read vengeance OCs better . True ? or are they the same as ripjaws x in this case as well ?

Cause if theres no difference then i'll go for gskill and save some money . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom