Basic Disk Problems

G.Ashwinkumar

Broken In
For the last two days my pc is quite unstable. I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have a 320 gig Hdd which is split into C,D,E,F with 68,68,125,35 gig of memory allocated to each drive and there is no space left unallocated.
I wanted to install ubuntu after seeing my pc unstable when i got an error message indicating my disk was dynamic. I tried using Dynamic Disk Converter it asked me to use method two even which made me loose all my data. Now i have approx. 60 gig of data which i can't take a backup as i don't have a external media. Now i want to reinstall Windows 7 as Primary Os , Another drive For the 60 Gig Data i have and another for Ubuntu. Now how do i convert the 4 volumes into these three at the same time converting all the volumes to basic = having that 60gig data untouched. Or if not possible then what is my best option?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
It's possible. Use easeus partition manager. It will allow you to convert dynamic to basic on the fly while data being safe.

gameranand

Living to Play
It's possible. Use easeus partition manager. It will allow you to convert dynamic to basic on the fly while data being safe.

I take it that its a paid version isn't it ??
Very few free PM gives you option to change Basic to Dynamic and vice versa without any data loss.

Top Bottom