Basic Console Purchasing Guide

pavanbl

Right off the assembly line
Hi Vamsi,
First of all thanks for the wonderful explanation about the consoles.
I have a question. I`m planning to buy used PS3 and came to know that it has been jail broken. SO just wanted to know that if ps3 is jail-broken then will all its functionality like Blu ray, graphics etc.. will work properly? Kindly let me know if there will be any issues with Jailbreak PS3.
Thanks,
Pavan

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
Buy xbox360 4gb and later connect your external hdd to it ,it is cheaper.you can also play games directly by your game dvd.

gameranand

Living to Play
pavanbl said:
SO just wanted to know that if ps3 is jail-broken then will all its functionality like Blu ray, graphics etc.. will work properly? Kindly let me know if there will be any issues with Jailbreak PS3.
Well it doesn't interfere with the functionality but you'll lose the support of Sony for your device and its illegal.

biseydaha

Great guide.

Those new consoles are great, but I still prefer my PS2 over them. It doesn't have great grapihcs, but it is waaaaaay cheaper than other stuff.

And what is the difference between nintendo ds and a PSP?

biseydaha

Ok, then leave it..!! Thanks for the suggestion :D

So how much would a Wheel cost?? Lowest. Till then let me do my homework :)

Ok, got some, are they good?? gaming wheel | eBay

If you want something cheap and durable, then get the
Thrustmaster GT Experience Racing Wheel.

But Logitech Driving Force GT is much better( and twice the price :))

Sarath

iDota
Hi Vamsi,
First of all thanks for the wonderful explanation about the consoles.
I have a question. I`m planning to buy used PS3 and came to know that it has been jail broken. SO just wanted to know that if ps3 is jail-broken then will all its functionality like Blu ray, graphics etc.. will work properly? Kindly let me know if there will be any issues with Jailbreak PS3.
Thanks,
Pavan

You will not be able to play online. Apart from that you can play all the games offline without problems.

Also you cannot update your PS3. I don't know if it is necessary or not.

nishant872

Journeyman
am gng to buy xbox360..

please let me know the difference between 4gb model and the one with HDD...i mean wht wld be the pros nd cons of both variant if some one can explain and suggest whc is better bcoz thr a price difference of 6-7K btwn those..

eurostar

great guide esp for newbie like me

just get ps3 slim + MOVE bundle
playing sport champion
LOVE it :)

a question...read R1 or R3 wat i see is diff is the 5 free DLC car
ok if i get GT5 R1, I know i cannot buy R3 DLC car (eg GTR), but question is there are other GTR for purchase in R1 game?
Thks

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
i am planning to buy PS3. i will not mod it next 1 yr. but is there any possibility of any mod/CFW releasing for PS3 before developer's switch to PS4 ? so i could play all the games i missed ?

which console should i buy? i will buy b/w 5-7 OG games per year.

gameranand

Living to Play
i am planning to buy PS3. i will not mod it next 1 yr. but is there any possibility of any mod/CFW releasing for PS3 before developer's switch to PS4 ? so i could play all the games i missed ?

which console should i buy? i will buy b/w 5-7 OG games per year.

What do you mean by a mod by which you can play all the games you have missed ?? I mean you can just buy those games and play them.

hbaruas

I have bought a PS3 .. and it has 3.50 v firmware..
I understand this can be jailbroken to 3.55 CFW.

I want to know if this CFW version can be used to play latest games .. or there is no way around (SPOOFS).. and I will have to go back to OFW !

I have GoW Collections Vol II .. but since FW is 3.50 , I am not able to play it wothout upgrading !
Please suggest !

Voldemort

I'll be Back
Well done, Vamsi. It really proved to be helpful. Thanx a lot! My friend just ordered the PS3. Why not add a poll to the thread?

psaikia

Broken In
I recently bought a PS3 320gb slim. I dont want to buy an LCD display bcoz my budget restricts me. But I have 21'' CTV slim (samsung), which will suffice my requirement.

I want a ups which will backup both my ctv and ps3 for 5 minutes. Back up is needed only to shut down my ps3.

Will 650VA UPS will fulfill my requirement ?

Top Bottom