bare minimum rig and min $$

OP
echo9

echo9

Broken In
Look buddy its pretty simple and clear. First and foremost, your budget is tight & secondly your primary purpose is to game (the questionnaire template tells us that).

Now at 20k budget, even a llano based system that's decent enough is going to be hard to fit and that too with a discrete gpu. Now as whitestar_999 mentioned, llano's are 32nm athlon 2 x4's with a fused gpu (APU) and the thing that separates it from deneb (phenom 2) is its lack of an l3 cache. It has been seen that lack of an l3 cache does not effect gaming that much (tomshardware had done an analysis sometime back).

Our forum member jaskanwar singh is using an athlon 2 x4 with a 6950 and is getting terrific framerates. So gpu matters more in gaming.

Now at your budget you can't really ask for preferences like a quadcore cpu because adding that will cut off a good discrete card out of your list and will adversely affect your overall gaming experience.

My suggestion is you skip llano (because with the advent of 7 series gpu's, adding them will render the internal gpu useless) and build a base system which can be upgraded in future.

So i still suggest you strongly to consider g620+ h61 board and with it a 6770 or 7750 discrete gpu. Use it for a year and then slowly save and add an ivybridge quadcore cpu as per your needs.

Right now within 20k, all you need to do is to build a system that satisfies your needs and plays all your titles flawlessly. Have a look at the following config and make your decision accordingly:
Component | Make | Price Processor | Intel Pentium G620 Processor, 2.6 GHz | 3450
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H | 3445
Ram |G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB | 1665
Monitor |BenQ G2222HDL 21.5 inch LCD Monitor |6950
Graphics Card | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 | 6500
Cabinet | Cm elite 311 | 1500
PSU | Corsair CX430-V2 | 2300
Total | | 25810

If you dont have a hdd, then consider the following :

Hdd |WD Caviar Blue 500 GB |4329

I know i exceeded your budget a bit but you can cut down prices by opting for a cheaper monitor. But the one i suggested is 21.5 inch fullhd led and is future proof. You can go for a 20 incher for around 5k and cut cost.

Now you make the decision. :)

o/

Your post above.... is GAWD like :-D

+1 for clearing it up. (though still just the name "Intel's Pentium" Proc give me an uneasy feeling :mrgreen:(no proper proc's name just the "Pentium" gives the impression of buying a Pentium I/II or III.. :-D that sucks :p))

N yeah u def. overshot my budget but hey I can manage it ..tweak a bit here and there + nehru place is a pretty open market :-D time to bang some shopwallas :twisted: btw going in for a 21" was* not I was thinking per se. But I'll look forward to it; as of now going with 18" HD LED.

OFF TOPIC : I love his cat!

:-D the cat..?

Cat saying (when linus throws the toy): "f**k you Linus!"....and when were you supposed to do a review of me for youtube? or maybe an unboxing :mrgreen:

AND ofcourse as you may read the template (in the first post) I will be most probably getting the components in ~1-2 months so no hurry at all :p

Skipping Ilano for sure; now I know its better to invest in a mainstream CPU (instead of an APU) which will support high/med end gfx cards :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom