Banking & Freelancing Info needed

sandeep410

Journeyman
What went wrong is simple SBI cards arent accepted internationally and thats truth dude. Every1 here has said that it doesnt work for steam etc.
I have no idea what charge you are talking about as far i know there is no charge.
And it makes sense to go with a card that works everywhere rather than a card that you have no guarantee where it will work and where it wont.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Re: Banking & Freelancing Info needed

@sandeep410 When was it?
@whitestar International payment works fine with State bank debit card, just transferred my paypal balance to my bank account, which will get credited in the next sweep in account.
@snap why do you need entropay, visa is secure. But, please do explain your point.

@prehistoricgamer State Bank group is all IFSC and ECS enabled. Nothing is like it was before, new Debit cards are exactly like any private bank offers.
As for CC is pretty good too, also its not government office, its public sector, ask them to attend you or treat you properly.
Internet banking is so good should you use it and keep sufficient balance, you'll never have to visit bank branches. also it can be used to make payments to few common billers like LIC, DTH, BSNL etc.
Mobile banking is truly an amazing experience. You can recharge your cellphone or DTH anywhere, anytime with a basic SMS or USSD or WAP or Apps.

And for the savvy people Saving Bank account can be taken a step forward and Saving Bank + can be opted which lets you put your excess fund to a fixed deposits which earns higher interest.

+1 :thumbs:

Go for SBI... because you won't be charged unnecessarily for unwanted things. No to private banks.

Hrishi

I too was quite paranoid when it came to Banking , but once I got hold of the basic understanding on how things work , it feels like a walk in the park.:)
Congrats for your internship.

Get a PAN Card as soon as possible. It can be made easily , and usually takes couple of weeks to get it delivered. Without a Pan card , you will get your salary through Cheques.
Generally most companies , provide you with a Salary account with the Bank they collaborate with , once you provide them your Pan card.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@snap,i was talking about sbi's own virtual credit card service which they launched a few months ago but it is practically useless.as for entropay see this:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-www/175002-entropay-help.html

@Sumeet_naik,you are the first one here to claim sbi debit card working with paypal to send money.SBI is the biggest bank in India so if its debit card start working with paypal i think it will be quite a big news on online forums.
just transferred my paypal balance to my bank account, which will get credited in the next sweep in account.
you didn't transferred anything.it is an automatic process as per RBI rules which don't allow indian paypal accounts to hold any funds.also we are talking about using debit cards online here with international sites & paypal.there is a big thread here on this topic here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-...information-regarding-indian-debit-cards.html
this 13 pages thread & approx.350 posts has not a single claim about sbi debit card working with paypal/international sites so either you got very lucky or you got some special debit card assuming you used it to actually send money through paypal.

OP
prehistoricgamer

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Ok I've read all your suggestions and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-...information-regarding-indian-debit-cards.html too.

Let me be honest. Some pointers I understood. Some I didn't. Maybe because of the lack of experience in banking yet. So, I feel its better If I ask a few questions and then you people provide me answers / one single answer to keep the confusion to the minimum? All efforts and help of any magnitude is greatly appreciated.

1. I mainly want to use this account for receiving funds from PayPal / Elance.com
  2. I would also use this account to put my small earnings ( less than 10k per month ) into.
  3. I would make online purchases from desi e-commerce sites like Flipkart, myntra, inkfruit etc.
  4. I might make online purchases from international sites like steam, gplay etc.
  5. I require a bank account that has no minimum balance requirement or a requirement with a less amount (less than 5k).
  6. The debit card and / or credit card should enable or allow me to make the above listed transactions.
  7. A decent customer service

Here are the pointers & questions that I'd be glad if I got concise answers to.

1. What type of account should I open?
  2. Also, what type of debit and / or credit card should I be getting to be able to make the above listed transactions.
  3. Your final suggestion in one word or a few for the Bank I should opt for opening an account that respects all or most of the above-mentioned requirements.

Top Bottom