Bandwidth limit exceeded :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

narangz

Web developer
^^Nope i didn't transfer files, Currently all my images are on imgx.org

I was having exams till 16th, so wasn't that active.

Do you call avg 100 visits per day a huge amount.
Actually I started as a blog in wordpress but then moved to my own domain when blog became popular (not much but still a handful of quality readers) which was sitting idle with nothing much.

Am still trying to contact ravi but he is not online for whole day :(

Bandwidth exceeded with avg 100 visits/day in 18 days? Wow!!! That's strange.

Do you have Ravi's Gtalk/Yahoo chat ID? You can also mail him on:
support[at]whost[dot]in

@Rohan
yeah i tried the online support, but it was offline a few minutes before, will ask them

The point with 5GB space is that uptil now i was hosting images on free image upload servers, but now since i want to have those images on my own space so i will be in need of space.

Consequently the bandwidth is bound to increase from 2GB to a whooping 10GB or say over 20GB cuz of image content too.

Thats why am in need of a better plan.
You STILL won't need 5 gig for images IMO
^^yeah i kinda like Base I reseller plan, but then it gives the 5GB space but bandwidth is too much for my need.

I can't see a balance, may be I hav to sell the bandwidth to someone if it get wasted.

500MB looks not good :(
500MB is Enuf. There is nothing wrong with external image hosting. How about using Picasa web albums for hosting images ? 1GB space and its blazing fast.
The second plan is an option:

1GB space, 20GB BW @ 2k.
Looks good.

I think 1GB is enough even with images. My huge library of images on my PC hardly occupy 600mb of space. Use of JPEG over PNG is recommended in websites.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Bandwidth exceeded with avg 100 visits/day in 18 days? Wow!!! That's strange.

Do you have Ravi's Gtalk/Yahoo chat ID? You can also mail him on:
support[at]whost[dot]in
yeah he is offline for whole day :(

How much is ur monthly bandwidth and daily hits ?

You STILL won't need 5 gig for images IMO

500MB is Enuf. There is nothing wrong with external image hosting. How about using Picasa web albums for hosting images ? 1GB space and its blazing fast.

I think 1GB is enough even with images. My huge library of images on my PC hardly occupy 600mb of space. Use of JPEG over PNG is recommended in websites.
yeah i will most probably like to upgrade the plan now. But ravi is offline today:(

I prefer imgx.org and photobucket over picasa. But all of them have limits and you never know if everyone will be able to see pics, as some isp blocks these sites.

I will try to get a 2GB one with 20GB limit but anything better than that at reasonable price will be good. Here money is no bar (till it remains under 500/month):)

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
yeah he is offline for whole day :(

How much is ur monthly bandwidth and daily hits ?

Even I host images on photobucket to save space & bandwidth. I dont think any ISP blocks these sites. Office/workplace admin might block them. Sure there is a limit by photobucket too. But you can have multiple accounts ;)

I've 2GB bandwidth. My hits vary from 40-100 on normal days. They are in the range of 30-40 when there is no post for some days. However I had days with 600-800 hits per day for couple of days last month & my bandwidth never touched even 500MB. It was 490MB last month- the actual starting month of my site. As in April I did only testing & installations.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1. Members really cant help here. You will need to contact RAVI since only he can raise the bandwidth. Call him on his Phone if its urgent :)
2. If you want to change hosting, you wont need to transfer the domain :)

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I recently had to change hosts, as I exceeded my bandwidth limit. But that was because Stumble upon suddently sent 20,000 visitors my way.
How did you use up your bandwidth with just 100 visitors per day?
Also use wp-supercache plugin, it would reduce your bandwidth usage. Its very hard to get what you are asking for from a quality host for just 25$ per year. Do you post videos a lot on your blog? Otherwise you wont need 5gb of disk space. I host my images myself - each post has about 100kb of images.

Hence, I chose nearlyfreespeech.net
They charge you according to what you use. But, if you use a lot of diskspace then its going to be too expensive. But, a blog with about 100 visitors a day should be pretty cheap.

I recently had to change hosts, as I exceeded my bandwidth limit. But that was because Stumble upon suddently sent 20,000 visitors my way.
Stumble Upon does WHAT ?
I am thankful that I chose Blogger over anything else.:D
And now I GOT to go and check out this stumble upon thing and this digg thing.;)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
there are hosts that take care of that.

for example you get 50$ per month hosting with great features..............
its a bit costly if you don't have traffic.

but still hosts like bluehost provide some good cheap hosting with such features.

mine does not. if its goes to digg or stumble am done for.... my host will ban me... LOL !

mine does not. if its goes to digg or stumble am done for.... my host will ban me... LOL !
Well, when it comes to blogger, it IS all about publicity. Google themselves encourage getting more and more visitors. Infact, thats one of the reasons I chose blogger over others. I can drive the bandwidth to an insanely high amount, as several blogger blogs have done, but I will have NO issues. I get full speed blogging, and my speed in fact is faster than the speeds offered by most (not all) paid hosts out there.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah i got a mail from him, he upgraded my account :D

I will need to talk to him for a awhile about appropriate plan.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I suggest that u sign up for zymic.Com which offers 6gb space nd 50gb b/w for Free. If u feel its not reliable then sign up for free subdomain , upload ur pics and give the links back to ur host.I recommend outpowerhosting.com if u r looking for cheap reliable paid host with great uptime

I suggest that u sign up for zymic.Com which offers 6gb space nd 50gb b/w for Free. If u feel its not reliable then sign up for free subdomain , upload ur pics and give the links back to ur host.I recommend outpowerhosting.com if u r looking for cheap reliable paid host with great uptime
These free stuff like this zymic sound good, but they have HORRIBLE speeds. They take a hell lot of time to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom