• Bajaj

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Hero Honda

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edburg

In the zone
^^ and even hunk too far better than pulsar 150...

and RTR series and ones from yamaha are taking on the high end pulsars for good....

so if bajaj has no takings in low end offerings and also in high end ones...let God alone decide their future...

btw i heard bajaj is goin to launch a lpg variant of duo fuel bikes...wud love to see the reviews of that..

HH is a stickering company.

so bajaj does not have the same design for almost a decade for pulsar 150,180 and only slight difference for 200 and 220(this one sucks)...their design trend is also visible in discover series and others too...

the only area that bajaj excels is in fancy gadgets like backlighting,etc.....in core biking needs like handling,quality,reliability,feel,etc it sucks

they introduce their so called crappy bike in the late 80's and we're still suffering from their sick 97 cc engine. They have stil not changed that engine and continue to sell it to this date. They do nothing in terms of R&D. Only thing is that do is to change the paint job and just add plus sign to their bikes.

when u have something that sells well and is welcomed well by the consumer there is no reason to stop selling it....with a little R&D they shud have made it better but still bajaj in 2008 has no answer to HH tech of 80s and are not able to produce such a reliable and quality bike...their low end bikes totally sucks

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
hav a 3yr old Discover 125 DTS-i.till now the only prob that i've faced is of inconsistent mileage.currently its at an all time low of 35-40kmpl.
so i'm thinking of dumping it and getting a YZF-R15.

havent had much xperience riding HH bikes so cant say much.though i'll say that Bajaj bikes look btter than HH.

evewin89

In the zone
hav a 3yr old Discover 125 DTS-i.till now the only prob that i've faced is of inconsistent mileage.currently its at an all time low of 35-40kmpl.
so i'm thinking of dumping it and getting a YZF-R15.

havent had much xperience riding HH bikes so cant say much.though i'll say that Bajaj bikes look btter than HH.
don't buy YZF-R15. coz it looks cool frm front-side only instead spend less money & buy KARIZMA.:rolleyes:

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@gagandeep.. ROFL on fat-ti.. damn that was awesome.. Bullet is good.. i like Thunderbird more.. feels comfy.. and its perfect for my build.. 5'11" 75+ kg..

chooza

Journeyman
Both are bad. Bajaj have new ideas but not reliability(forgot HUMARA BAJAJ), pulsars are known to not long standing,Paltinas too and so on. Hero Honda is suffering from presence of HONDA(no new product). It is not in thread, but I think from Indian Manufactures,TVS is better then both bcoz, they innovate(Apache, Flame, Scooty) but at the same time, they maintain quality(TVS Bikes are regular participants in National Rallies,races which both Bajaj and HH donot.

S

sanjay_ati

How Is Super Splender? Please suggest.i want to purchase this bike

james347

Broken In
My First and current bike is Hero Honda CD-Deluxe which is best companion i had ever :p:p:p I love riding it and My vote goes for all rounder HERO HONDA!!! Bikes are very easy in riding and requires very less maintenance as compared to other vehicles.

@sanjay_ati

Super splender is good bike but gives less mileage so either go for splender or passion (electric start one)

Dark Soul

Broken In
There are many people complaining that HH has no R&D, no technolgy etc etc...
Have a look at the new Karizma ZMR

1. Programmable Fuel Injection -
I guess there are still no bikes from bajaj with FI (Correct me if I am wrong)
Hence Bajaj bikes cannot exploit the benefits of ECU controlled injection. They still are sticking to their age old Micro controller controlled Spark ignition system

2. Catalytic convertor
Karizma ZMR's exhaust comes equipped with the catalytic convertor, which reduces pollution

3. ZMR comes with a bike tilt angle sensor!

4. Styling! Its evident that bajaj bikes are no where near HH in this aspect.

5. Reliability - HH beats Bajaj again. There are many examples

Finally HH rocks!! :)

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
The FI in ZMR comes from Honda, the baap of Zero Anda.. ZMR just gives 17.6 BHP.. Apache RTR, Pulsar 180 and YZF-R15 all give 17 bhp too.. 220 DTS-i gives 20.5 BHP.. beat that..

Dark Soul

Broken In
The FI in ZMR comes from Honda, the baap of Zero Anda.. ZMR just gives 17.6 BHP.. Apache RTR, Pulsar 180 and YZF-R15 all give 17 bhp too.. 220 DTS-i gives 20.5 BHP.. beat that..

Torque
Karizma = 18.35N-m @ 6000 rpm
Apache 180 = 15.5 N-m @ 6500 at a much higher rpm
R15 = 15 N-m @ 7500 rom much higher rpm
Bajaj = 19.1 N-m @6000 rpm

From these results, it is clear that one should not judge a bike from facts and figures

And if it wasn't for kawasaki, bajaj would still be selling chetak and autos!! :razz:

Just one more thing, please don't bring Yamaha R15 into the discussion, that bike is god of all.

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Dude.. you're so ignorant.. Kawasaki broke up with Bajaj a long time ago and that's why Pulsar was borned.. Regarding Torque.. look at the figures, Bajaj Pulsar produces higher torque than Karizma ZMR.. Moreover :-

Pulsar 220 - 150 KG
ZMR - 159 KG

again pwned.. regarding R15.. it sucks, you've to constantly rev the bike to put it into powerband.. it is awesome in handling, is lightweight but is only suited for short trips or race tracks, nothing else.. Our very own Apache RTR 180 pwns it, kicks its ass in every department...

Regarding higher RPM, bikes are meant to be revved at higher RPM, what's the use of writing Sports on Karizma, when you can't rev it beyond 6k RPM.. besides, look at those sucky tyres, they're so thin.. it sucks, period!!

Dark Soul

Broken In
Understand the post before you call someone ignorant!! :x:x
Bajaj without kawasaki would not have reached this heights, just like HH.
Study Bajaj's timeline.

And FYI
I know very well that now there are no ties between bajaj and kawasaki.

If the bike produces max power or torque at lower RPM (or more usefull range I would say), it is better. No idiot would rev to 8500 rpm in day to day city travel.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Also don't contradict yourself in the same post :smile:

again pwned.. regarding R15.. it sucks, you've to constantly rev the bike to put it into powerband.. it is awesome in handling, is lightweight but is only suited for short trips or race tracks, nothing else.. Our very own Apache RTR 180 pwns it, kicks its ass in every department...

Ya reving the engine is bad...

Regarding higher RPM, bikes are meant to be revved at higher RPM, what's the use of writing Sports on Karizma, when you can't rev it beyond 6k RPM.. besides, look at those sucky tyres, they're so thin.. it sucks, period!!

Oh no now reving is good!! I guess R15 is also branded as sports bike!!

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Dude, what i meant to say was that R15 sucks in the terms of torque, to move around in the city, you've to put it into the power band, constantly shifting gears becomes a headache after sometime..

chooza

Journeyman
Dude.. you're so ignorant.. Kawasaki broke up with Bajaj a long time ago and that's why Pulsar was borned.. Regarding Torque.. look at the figures, Bajaj Pulsar produces higher torque than Karizma ZMR.. Moreover :-

Pulsar 220 - 150 KG
ZMR - 159 KG

Brother, Bajaj and Kawasaki are still into collabration of technical knowhow, that why Newer kwack are here in India, but they will not into logosharing.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

But R-15 can beat p220 any given time.p220 is fact in straight line but in corners, r-15,due to its chassis, zoom ahaead and have better control on riding.

Top Bottom