Baggage Specification for travelling to US ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
Hi all,
My brother is scheduled to fly for US this month end. I wanted to know what is the specification (size, weight and number) of Bags for people traveling to US in Economy Class ??
Please help me with information and also let me know if i go to a bag shop (like american tourister, VIP etc) and tell them i want bags for US trip, they will give me the appropriate size ?

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Max. weight u can carry is 62 Kgs ... 2 Suitcases weighing 23 Kg each and one hand baggage !

For baggages , go for Samsonite or VIP International Series .. Don't buy American Tourister from India coz quality here isn't of the same standard as provided in the US

din

Tribal Boy
@rak007

This is not an ad or promoting any site. I am no way related to this too. But the site below has a lot of information and there are experts in their forum. They will answer all your queries.

*www.immihelp.com

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Different airlines haf different regulations. If he's a student the rules mebbe a bit relaxed. So the best way to answer your question is to directly ask the Carrier your bro is flying in rather than making assumptions. Thats a sure shot way!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Different airlines haf different regulations. If he's a student the rules mebbe a bit relaxed. So the best way to answer your question is to directly ask the Carrier your bro is flying in rather than making assumptions. Thats a sure shot way!
+1

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Thanks for all your replies. He is flying with the J1 Visa. I dont know much abt these. Is it a student Visa ?
By the info that i have got we are allowed 2 bags checked in each of max 23 Kg (155 cm) and 1 cabin baggage of 8K (115 cm).

Also i went to some of stores today and found American Tourister to be the most reasonable. Others are costing like say 7-8k for just 1 bag.
Also i can get a 20% discount on american tourister thru one of my contacts.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
J1 is Exchange visitor VISA, mostly students (medicine). 2 bags can be checked (usually totally around 60kg, but be on the lookout coz by august of so some of the airlines relax this rules to help students) and 1 cabin baggage.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
dude. It's easier to call the airline support personnel and check the baggage specification. this way, if you get a rough idea and then if the airline has other spec, it would be frustrating to adjust baggage in front of check-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom