Badass memory !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HellFragger

This may sound ridiculous, but I wanted to know if any of you have come across Fusion-IO io-Drive !!!

700MBps write speeds....Linux compatible....its extremely xpensive...but thats not the point...
I was wondering if any of u could shed some light...

I was thinking of a buying the 80GB variant ($2400 approx)
Now only if i knew this would boot my system like it never was turned off....

please if somebody knows about this or has experienced it...lemme know...

PS: yup its enterprise level...but who cares....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No it won't affect your boot speeds SO much. Booting loads up programs into the RAM which the CPU next processes as fast as it can. So HDD is not the 'major' factor here, its the RAM first and the CPU next.

OP
H

HellFragger

No it won't affect your boot speeds SO much. Booting loads up programs into the RAM which the CPU next processes as fast as it can. So HDD is not the 'major' factor here, its the RAM first and the CPU next.

dude...pray tell where from does this "loading" takes place into the RAM...
lolz...the HDD as of now the the biggest bottleneck...why else do u think that flash based bootup cards provide such fast bootups...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes I know about that, was only suggesting that it won't make it totally fast as just switching on the monitor takes, which is what you were expecting.

OP
H

HellFragger

I like the guy with the HAT ;)

got ma friend to inquire directly.....would be sometime when windows support is enabled on the said card....so end of story for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom