Bad Sector recovery??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypher

Broken In
Hi

I have a samsung spin point 40 gb hdd. I have 4 partitions, 3 of FAT32 & 1 of NTFS.The NTFS partition was 9.3 gb and 6 gb were full.I've got Win98 and XP Pro.I recentely removed it from my case for cleaning purposes(i mean the cabinet) and when i replace it back and booted XP, the system said that the NTFS partition was not formatted and asked me 2 format it. I did the same , as FAT32. And when i ran a chkdsk on it it said 6gb bad sectors were found and coverted that 6 gb of the partition into nothing!! Now i have only around 3 gb freespace. Is there any way to recover the lost freespace?? PLZ Help :(

job9434

Broken In
yes ofcourse you can recover the bad sectors ,you can use" hdd regenerator " with that you can recover the bad sectors

jay4u

In the zone
bad sector if physical cannot be recovered... use tols like seatools or discwizard from seagate to mark them as bad and make the hdd usable.... apart from that if ba sector is logical then format the partition and then it will be recovered...

i have the software hddregenrator but never used it though... hence i cannot comment on it...

hdcrash

Right off the assembly line
there are some useful tools from salvationdata: *www.salvationdata.com/blog/category/uncategorized/

Seagate seatools is also a good tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom