Bad gfx card or windows re install needed

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
thanks
by the way. In one of the levels in BFBC2 now i feel more lag. Can it be because im running it with the Battlefield DVD?
BTW i installed one game ( Unreal Tournament 3) which runs perfect with hardly any lag. This game also installed this thing called "AGEIA PhysX" I have an AMD HD 6870 so cant support physx. Could this physx be interupting and causing the lag? BTW since i have AMD GFX CARD, can i uninstall AGEIA physx( provided it doesnt REDUCE performance...) . Also will uninstalling AGEIA physx improve performance? If not, i might as well leave it installed.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Can it be because im running it with the Battlefield DVD?

Backup your DVD, emulate and see.

i installed one game ( Unreal Tournament 3) which runs perfect with hardly any lag. This game also installed this thing called "AGEIA PhysX"

AGEIA PhysX, if I get it correctly, is old. AGEIA PhysX was acquired by NV and now "NV PhysX" only works when an NV card is present.

AGEIA PhysX is not NV PhysX, it may provide minor acceleration in some old games. So no need to un-inst.

I have an AMD HD 6870 so cant support physx

Not it doesn't support NV PhysiX.

Could this physx be interupting and causing the lag?

Don't thinks so. Un-inst and see.

Lower the res. and see if there's lag.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
when i reduce the resolutn i still get the same results. Probably it is an effect in the game. And i have become paranoid and am thinking its lag :p
btw how do i check cpu and gpu LOAD temps using those 2 programs u suggested.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
btw i tried dirt and ir gives quite a bit of lag. Gut i heard that it is a problem with the game.
I also tried fifa 09 and used the locale.ini to force the resolution to 1920x1080. After doing this there is a bit of lag.
Going to try Assassins Creed now.

Now say Is my gfx card ok ?

P.S: Using fraps i get 60 fps in fifa 09 and bad company 2.
So even if the fps is high how can there be lag?

dirt didnt support fraps.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
First check if you have turned off Vsync or not. Even though the avg fps is high there may be certain portion of the games which is a bit more demanding and it may lag a bit in those scenarios.

Another thing, is it Dirt or Dirt2?

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
^^ I have bought net protector but still havent installed. So no qs of anti virus playing spoilt sport.
BTW i am going to install another OS on the same hdd in about a month. So can i install net protector into my current OS and then re install after formatting and installing new OS?

Also, I had installed ms office 07 on my prev comp. But i cant find the Cd. Any way to make an installation disc from the installed office 07?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Would be nice if you could update your signature with the specifications.

If you have the MS Office key, you can DL the ISO from the MS site.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
@asingh
done

btw my disc was in the box with the cd key!
is the cd mentioned any where in the installed software?
then i can jot it down...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have office already installed in the PC you can retrieve the key from it. There are numerous software to retrieve CD keys from registry. Just Google it.

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
btw unreal tournament 3 crashed to desktop ( error message: "ut3.exe has stopped working" anything wrong with graphics card?)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then don't bother about it. Just your game and drivers updated. And OS too. Which OS you are running btw?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Patch your OS installation. Re-do the chipset drivers, just over lay. Which GPU driver are you on..?

OP
Cool Comps

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
why^^
and im on catalyst v11.5
btw how to get "8x MSAA" in bad company 2. I get only "8x" in anti aliasing

Top Bottom