Backup QuerryHello Friends I have a question regarding backing up of disks.My PC has

clinton

Blu For Life Hail Chelsea
Backup Querry

Hello Friends I have a question regarding backing up of disks.My PC has been performing slowly these days and I want to reinstall the OS ("not format,just OS reinstall"),but I dont want to lose all my "installed" software's,apps,settings.
So my question is that in this case which folders should I backup and restore.Please reply soon
Thanks.Detailed instructions will be appreciated bcoz I have never done this before...

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Re: Backup QuerryHello Friends I have a question regarding backing up of disks.My PC

If you reinstall the OS you will have to install all the applications once again. There is no escape from it. Slowing of an OS has many culprits viz. registry, unnecessary files in Windows folder that are left after uninstalling any software, unnecessary services added to startup etc.

A clean install will definitely give your system a boost in performance and speed.

To answer your dilemma, you can do this one time activity. Have a clan install of OS on your clean hard disk partition, install all the needed softwares and then make a ghost image of that. This image could be used next time you need to reconfigure your PC afresh. :)

Gauravs90

geek........
Re: Backup QuerryHello Friends I have a question regarding backing up of disks.My PC

I suggest install tune up utilities to clean all the junk that is slowing your computer.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think you can only try "repairing" your system. You won't lose your application and documents.

But do take a back-up before.

Top Bottom