backup my dvd movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Hi friends.. i want to backup my original dvd movies.. in the forum i found people using autoGK and other softwares for riping dvd so that they can be compressed and kept.. i too want the same but when i used autoGK i found that i need to select nfo files and the extracted thing is a mess, lots of files also..

I have seen my friends downloading "original DVD rip" from torrents sites which is a single file,single movie in divX format, superb quality and just 700 mb. It will be superb if i can also do the same with my movie.. i can write them in cd or atleast 5 movies in one dvd for backup!
Which software should i use?

pannaguma

Turn The Page
the.kaushik said:
.. i too want the same but when i used autoGK i found that i need to select nfo files and the extracted thing is a mess, lots of files also..
could you elaborate, plz? I have used auto GK 3-4 times, no problem except conversion time.:p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
DVD Decrypter to RIP one DVD in to a Single large VOB file :D...

Note for DVD9 will be around 8GB single VOB file for DVD5 may be less than 4, but make sure ur Drive is one NTFS file system :)

then use AutoGK to encode the DVD in to a 700 MB or 1400MB xvid encoded file :)

the.kaushik said:
I have seen my friends downloading "original DVD rip" from torrents sites which is a single file,single movie in divX format, superb quality and just 700 mb. It will be superb if i can also do the same with my movie.. i can write them in cd or atleast 5 movies in one dvd for backup!

Origginal DVD rips ??

Never heard of them.... Tell me its a joke ?? Right ??

:lol: :lol: what u really mean by original DVD RIP that too from Torrent

Ha Ha !!!

Sorry for the laugh , I appologize... :(

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Choto Cheeta said:
Origginal DVD rips ??

Never heard of them.... Tell me its a joke ?? Right ??

:lol: :lol: what u really mean by original DVD RIP that too from Torrent

Ha Ha !!!

Sorry for the laugh , I appologize... :(

Hmm i think he may be right.There are lots files like those with the heading Original DVD rip..It means the movies are ripped from original DVD's . The quality is very good.I have downloaded a few of those.
So he means that..! Thats it !

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
freshseasons said:
Hmm i think he may be right.There are lots files like those with the heading Original DVD rip..It means the movies are ripped from original DVD's . The quality is very good.I have downloaded a few of those.
So he means that..! Thats it !

Ya u re right..That what i mean..

Is the procedure given by Choto Cheeta is the only option? Or any other option available?

I hope this is not breaking this forum rules by any means!If so the admin is always there to close the topic :)

hansraj

In the zone
one thing i would like to put across.. whether pirated or not but i too have come across few movies which are definitely very nice in quality and amazingly in 700 mb. there is no doubt about the fact that the technology to achieve this quality in such a small space should be spread around as much as possible. it is unfortunate for us if it happens to be pirated one

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

Do it ur self, AutoGK will produce such quality which u are talking about, but note, AutoGK takes 8 hours for one high compress best quality DVD5 to 700 MB Encode !!! System used was P4 630 3.0 GHz 1MB L2 800MHz FSB with 512x2 667 MHz DDR-II and 915 GEV !!!

where as if u can provide best of hardware like i tested 4GB DDR-II E6600 @ 3.6 GHz and P5N-E SLi, it took 45mins for the same job !!!

:(

Pyemia

Right off the assembly line
As for me, I tested numerous variants with many backup products like Acronis Yrue Image or GBM, and decided to [FONT=&quot]backup to dvd with a common virtualdub and handy backup.
[/FONT]
ps Does the.kaushik's nick sound funny to me only?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Can somebody clarify why at all one should shrink a good quality DVD movie into a 700MB divx or Xvid? DVD blanks are cheap now. One could easily shrink the 8GB plus DVD movie onto one DVD blank with full 5.1 surround using DVD shrink (free) or nero 7 if one already has.Which one will have the best quality? If someone has already tried both let them answer.I am not a movie enthusiast and so I have not tried. But if I have to backup an original DVD DVD shrink is the way I shall choose unless I am convinced that a 700MB divx CD with only a stereo sound is going to be better.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Ponmayilal

though this is not about DVD Shrink, but u may take a look at one detailed process how to get a Best Quality 700 MB xvid by DVD Decrypter + AutoGK from here, *www.chotocheeta.com/2007/08/22/how-to-make-700-mb-or-14-gb-1-cd-or-2-cd-dvd-rip/

ajayritik

Technomancer
Kaushik I have been trying to do the same thing for the past couple of weeks. I have tried these softwares WinAVI converter, Imtoo AVI to DVD converter and Nero Vision All these are good. You can try any of these things. I tried Auto GK also but it was little confusing.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I tried Auto GK also but it was little confusing.

AutoGK is one of the most simple tool available there, try this bellow Guide *www.chotocheeta.com/2007/08/22/how-to-make-700-mb-or-14-gb-1-cd-or-2-cd-dvd-rip/

dr_jimit

Journeyman
I found this guide
its superb !!!
Damn Easy, with detailed images,

Give this a try

*masterzproject.com/Noob2/?p=3#more-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom