Backing up a Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
You can try using offline browser for this job.But believe me,even i had once tried to download an entire site on my PC.But it turned out to be far more larger in size than i had expected.So i finally had to give up:twisted:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
I dunno exactly.The site i was trying to download was a lyrics database.Most of it was text.And still it went went over 70 mb when I cancelled it.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
i too think that's too much for such type of data.
I assume there were filteration facilities available in that soft.? Which soft did u use?

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
W i d e S c r e e N said:
i too think that's too much for such type of data.
I assume there were filteration facilities available in that soft.? Which soft did u use?

Backstreet Browser

HTTrack Website Copier

Both are freeware.HTTrack is Open Source too..

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
but it's not "my" forum. I like to save digit, vinuthomas, team-bhp forum w/o media, just text, similar to what webaroo(thx intelgiga) offers..

These forums has so much useful reading material that can be sotred. Also it can be zipped and shared with fellow friends who dont have dedicated access to the Net.

thx shady inc ill try them out

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
*xs218.xs.to/xs218/07344/Rest34.JPG.xs.jpg

Above are the options of Backstreet Browser 3.1 for restriction filter

What are the things i need to add to the "Restict list" before connectiong to the forum?

I only need text but dont know what will accompany them to view the pages properly:?:

EDIT: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom