seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Azom is back guys with their new range of Clevo laptops in India. Well 1 to be precise. Do you think they are legit? They even have their address posted.

AZOM SYSTEMS

Rohan Rathi

Mega Noob
This is the laptop they're selling.
Azom Exigo
Barebones is Clevo P150SM.

Damn, only 90k for 870m laptop.... Still, outdated. Looks legit but if they really are here since 2013 business must be going slow lol. No Idea about service though.

Update:
btw do Clevo laptops have MXM module? It'll be great if you can upgrade the 870m in this one.

Last edited:
OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I think they may actually get you a gtx 980m if you ask for quote.

- - - Updated - - -

The model is P157SM-A It will have MXM support.

Had a talk with one of the guys at Azom, they are educated and now sell via Amazon.in so I guess buyer safety is fine.
They are on the higher end of the bracket and in India the mentality wont let people put in 1L even for gtx970m 6GB + 4710mq + lots of potential to upgrade (SSD, GPU, PROC.)
Would be good if they offer sub 70-80k laptops which would beat the 80+ k offerings in India.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Had a talk with one of the guys at Azom, they are educated and now sell via Amazon.in so I guess buyer safety is fine.
They are on the higher end of the bracket and in India the mentality wont let people put in 1L even for gtx970m 6GB + 4710mq + lots of potential to upgrade (SSD, GPU, PROC.)
Would be good if they offer sub 70-80k laptops which would beat the 80+ k offerings in India.
Did you ask for a quote??? If you did, could you state the configuration along with the price???

Yes, they emailed me the quote.
Greetings Utkarsh,

Thank you for placing enquiry at Azom. Following our discussion, below is recommended configuration and quote.

Laptop - Exigo
Display - 15.6” Full-HD 1920x1080 16:9 Matte (anti-glare)
CPU - Intel Haswell i7 4710MQ 4C 8T 6MB 2.5-3.5 GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GTX 970M 6GB GDDR5
RAM - Patriot 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3
Wireless - Intel Wireless-AC 7260 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0
Sound - Onkyo 2xspeaker, 1xsubwoofer, Sound Blaster X-FI MB3
Card Reader - 9-in-1 MMC/SD/MS
Storage - SATA 500GB 5400rpm HDD
Optical - DVD RW
Keyboard - Backlit
Camera - 2 MP HD
Battery - 8 cell

Operating System - N/A