aXXo who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
goobimama said:
aXXo's rips are really crappy. Always dark, pixelated and bad sound quality. Someone gives me a movie I say "aXXo? No thank you!"

...But I guess one develops such a taste after getting spoilt by all those High Definition movies...

are u looking for hate!

Axxo movies are not crappy, never pixelated and the sound is good enough.
The prob look crappy, dark and pixelated cause u r watching them on a 486 :p or u have too high-def a system with matrox tripple head display and dual 8800GTX SLI, giving display resolution to contain the whole human anotomy in a 1:1 ratio :rolleyes:

I have some exp in ripped movies and most people i have heard saying that the movies are dark and pixelated have not color balanced their display system. By default most monitors are mis-aligned in color intensity and video is darker then it should be.

I suggest you to calibrate your monitor's brightness and contrast or atleast get the recommended color profile for your display. good luck.

also please tell us abt the ripper u give more credit to as comparisions should have more then one contestants. may be we havent found that gold mine. :)

Last edited:
OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
OK..... chill... to make things clear....

aXXo & DiAMOND both r good.
But if u want dvd quality, u should get a DVDRip, not a Telesync... which is of lower quality (shot in the theater itself, hence dark & occasional ppl walkin thru the movie :D)
Whoever complained of dark, pixellated rips all saw the Telesync(TS) version. While searchin... do for a DVDRip. Stay away from a TS.

goobimama

 Macboy
I'm just saying that aXXo always goes and does these 700MB rips. Grow up will you, people have got faster connections now.

It was good in the days when I watched movies on my 17inch monitor, things looked pretty decent. I could live with the bad sound quality (sometimes 96kbps). But now I can't take the picture quality as well.

My monitor is calibrated just fine thank you (I'm in the graphic design if you didn't notice)

are u looking for hate!
Whenever I see an aXXo rip somewhere on the net, I always go negative. And it is sure to start some kind of flame war (usually I have more supporters. Feeling a bit left alone here).... Its the arguments that keeps a forum going...

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
It's always better to stay away from TS(Telesync) or TC(TeleCine) as they tend to be of poor quality always when compared to a good Retail R1 DVD Rip. Anyways aXXo does a good work by giving rips with MP3 sound in 1CD. If you want better picture then look for 2CD rips.Even though they may/may not contain AC3 5.1 sound,the picture quality compared to a 1CD rip is much better.Also if you happen to find a 2CD rip with MP3 sound then download it as its bound to have the best picture quality for any 2CD DVD rip. And lastly if you are a prick about the picture quality then go get a HDTV with Progressive Scan , a Progressive Scan Region Free DVD Player and get your imports and enjoy.. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ya i read this interview through digg, i mean it was on digg. Axxo is awesome, more power to him.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Rollercoaster said:
Axxo movies are not crappy, never pixelated and the sound is good enough.
The prob look crappy, dark and pixelated cause u r watching them on a 486 :p or u have too high-def a system with matrox tripple head display and dual 8800GTX SLI, giving display resolution to contain the whole human anotomy in a 1:1 ratio :rolleyes:

haha :D

plsoft

Journeyman
I still don't think aXXo is a single person. Maybe a group like the ones in "The Scene", same with DIAMOND. Nways i love aXXo rips, and who says they are always in one CD. They may be on a single file, but don't always fit on a single CD, some of them come upto 900 mb.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
There's even VoMIT for people who haven't heard, but he(or is it a group? :confused:) is not as good as aXXo. I need to agree on that :)

plsoft

Journeyman
@thunderbird: :?: LOL sorry but don't know how is it related to what i was saying.

@Indyan: "In real life, aXXo is just an average American teenager, but on the Internet he’s a celebrity...." Well my point is that this statement, which points to singularity of the person, is giving credit only to a single person n doesn't suggest that aXXo is a group's name. Let's take an example of The Scene. Drojan is the main character as we (who have watched it) know, but u can't say that Drojan is the one releasing the movies in the net and others just helping him. When something like this happens, it's the group that takes the credit. Moreover, who would want to be left out after toiling so much. Similarly, we can't say aXXo is a single person who is helped by others, it has to be a group working together (not just helping someone). However, this is only my speculation :D .

Last edited:

plsoft

Journeyman
@thunderbird: I think it's u who isn't getting what i said. As per yur SUGGESTION i read yur post again, n i don't find any relation to wat i said watsoever. Maybe u shud read again wat i was saying.
OR, maybe i am not able to understand wat u r trying to say :). In that case, would u be kind enuf to clarify?

DeadMan001

Right off the assembly line
lol..you guys are so stupid.Going on and on for nothing.That wasn't even a real interview.And this has been confirmed by aXXo himself.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
@goobimama
alright.. agreed.. and just to make it cleaer, i am not an advocate for axxo.
i just warmed up a bit cause u say axxo rips are $hit without any valid point. but man, when u do comparison the candidates should be in the same league. either show another ripper who gives better quality then axxo or dont compare 700mb rips to DVD/HD quality and say that they are bad. I can assure u it is a gr8 value for bandwith, not every one is high up in the internet food chain. that was my whole point. According to you, even HD quality video is $hit if u compare it with a cinema screen.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I think he (gobimama) has a 22 inch HD display, i can imagine how 700MB compressed dvd rips look on his display :D .

goobimama

 Macboy
24 inch to be precise. Anyway, my point is that, I like aXXo's rips being 'sure fire DVDrip" n all, but if only he upgraded to 2CDs. Nothing else.

As a matter of fact I'm surfing from a 56k dial up at home. Only at the office do I get a 256k broadband...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom