[Praise] AWESOME Seagate USA CC,Accel Service (India) still sucks!

Phenomenal

Broken In
Hi,
I want to share my experience with you regarding a SEAGATE Internal Drive RMA for which Accel Frontline is responsible.
They were lazy,unresponsive,unreachable but SEAGATE USA CC HELPED ME A LOT and gave me a worthy replacement.

SHORT STORY :
Seagate HDD 500 GB Internal drive bought way back in 2009 with 5 yrs warranty failed a S.M.A.R.T. test so I thought I'll get it replaced under RMA.I realized it was a tedious process and I would get only a refurb drive in the end but still went for it since I didn't want to take the risk of data loss.
Went to the centre at Tardeo(read clogged humid room full of people waiting for RMA),realized we need to "REGISTER" on their lame unresponsive site and get a customer id,then submit the drive,wait for 15 days approx to get a REFURB drive.And I saw about 20 people (had gone on a weekday,afternoon)...all this was exhaustive but i still did it (submission took 30 mins waiting time,return time was 15 mins,going and coming back from my place approx 3 hrs every visit).
After 15 days I got a DEAD "refurb drive" when I checked it at home since they don't allow me to check it there and the person told me I needed to go through the same process.
I saw many people irritated with Seagate and ACCEL,blaming the company for the products,service...
But then I realized that ACCEL was the one responsible for such a shitty system.
So I Contacted SEAGATE USA CC (from their forum) and they finally agreed to give me a 1 TiB NEW DRIVE after a couple of emails reporting the service issues here.Got a NEW 1 TB DRIVE (sealed) directly sent from the company,had to go to the centre to collect it but it was WORTH IT.

READ COMPLETE STORY HERE
[IMPORTANT]SEAGATE INDIA RMA/SERVICE ISSUES -> PAT... - Seagate Community Forums

THE pic of the NEW DRIVE I got and a THANK YOU thread...
AWESOME Support and Help : Thank you AskTheLeaf a... - Seagate Community Forums

Seagate USA ROCKS...the person cared more about than the people here who are actually responsible for the service...
Just wish the support here could match up to them..:lol:

Some tips for Seagate RMA (don't make the same mistakes I did) :

• 1)Confirm that your drive is under warranty and needs replacement.Saw lot of noobs who waited in the queue for 30 mins just to be turned away because of this.I had a LOL moment but a part of me feels sorry due to their lack of awareness/info.
    Before you go,if possible BACKUP your drive since they won't give your DATA back.
    You won't (99%) get the same drive back since they usually give a REFURB drive of the same capacity as a replacement.
  • 2)REGISTER on the site first here : Accel Warranty Management System and NOTE DOWN YOUR CUSTOMER ID and the phone number you use with this.
    You need this while submitting your drive.
  • 3)Go EARLY in the morning.ALWAYS.... to beat the crowd.Timing is 10 - 6 PM AFAIK,they work on SAT as well (mostly),confirm this one though.
    Contact here 044-30724021/4022/4020 or TOLL FREE @ 1800-425-4535 (if you don't get response,then things are normal.It was 90% ALWAYS BUSY for me!)
  • 4)Don't expect fancy treatment,the actual support sucks.The people handling your drive are noobs,I have seen people handling drives without the anti-static cover even though it's a MUST as per Seagate Policy.Even the noob customers who don't bother to follow this rule are allowed and there drives get accepted.
  • 5)It will take a MINIMUM of 15 days,so arrange for a better replacement(preferably NEW drive) so that your life isn't affected.
  • 6)REFURB drive which you get maybe dead.Don't be surprised.Have seen atleast 4 people who came to REPLACE the REPLACEMENT Drive.
  • 7)ACCEL people are LAZY noobies,talk a lot on cell-phones (personal BF stuff),they don't care about you and your stuff.Don't take it personally.These are the people are doing something they don't like,out of a necessity.The management,the company are both at fault.
  • 8)More importantly Share your experiences and make it better for others...! ;-)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT BUYING ANY PRODUCTS SERVICED BY ACCEL.
I HAD GOT A 500GB WD Drive which rocks,no issues.Been 6 months now :D

Last edited:

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Here's a tip that'll beat all your tips: Opt for WD. :)

WD replaced and shipped the drive to my place in a few days. You just have to leave it at the nearest drop-point or courier it directly to their Bangalore office. Stopped using Seagate long time ago due to their high failure rate and bullcrap Accel service.

mastermunj

In the zone
Darn, I visited their Andheri Service center on 23 March, Saturday to give them two 500GB (one internal & one external) HDD for RMA.
I hope I don't have to go through similar hassle as my internal HDD warranty ends on 24th April :(

I am seriously considering WD for their service feedback, and especially Black version with 5 Years warranty for my new system next month.

OP
P

Phenomenal

Broken In
Here's a tip that'll beat all your tips: Opt for WD. :)

WD replaced and shipped the drive to my place in a few days. You just have to leave it at the nearest drop-point or courier it directly to their Bangalore office. Stopped using Seagate long time ago due to their high failure rate and bullcrap Accel service.

I know that dude.The main aim of posting this was to create awareness and help others who are STUCK with Seagate.
I got a WD drive when I realized it will take a lot of time to get the replacement and this indeed was a GREAT DECISION.
I don't know if WD is as good as you say here in Mumbai but it is DEFINITELY better than Seagate.

Darn, I visited their Andheri Service center on 23 March, Saturday to give them two 500GB (one internal & one external) HDD for RMA.
I hope I don't have to go through similar hassle as my internal HDD warranty ends on 24th April :(

I am seriously considering WD for their service feedback, and especially Black version with 5 Years warranty for my new system next month.

Hmmm.I would say you are lucky.Just keep following up with them.At least you won't lose much.Also if possible get the "replacement" disks checked ASAP.
Go for WD,it's awesome.Got a Caviar Blue Recently...Black is great too with 5 yrs warranty :) WORTH IT!

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Seems like it got worse. Got two of my RMA'd drives dead within 2months and 5months respectively. Seems these certified drives are absolute POS. Resubmitted them 3days ago and still no update, just wonderful.

samudragupta

Youngling
thanks for sharing your experience bro :) will never buy a seagate... i have a WD and a seagate and am looking to upgrade to a new 2tb hdd..will definitely get the WD

Top Bottom