Status
Not open for further replies.
hi :D i use avg free edition 7.0 antivirus system.i used registry cleaner to delete invalid entries,etc... in the registry..after that everything is fine..but my antivirus system is not activated automatically during startup.. how do i make this alright..?

saROMan

QA Juggler
well what u can do is start AVG and check if its configured to run at startup or not ...2nd go to msconfig ..and see if startup entry for AVG is disabled or not ......

IF u are undable to run AVG it means some registry entries are deleted ..so either reinstall or if there is option to repair the setup..repare the files ....

OP
K

karthik316_2003

Broken In
im able to start avg normally..only problem is not able to bring it in the startup there is no entry for avg in the msconfig i don't know how to add it..and reinstalling is a big prob cuz its a 20 mb download constantly updated on the internet...
anyway thanks..

saROMan

QA Juggler
well what u can do is ..put a shortcut of avg in startup folder .....go to start->all programs->startup
right click on it and select open folder ...now just paste a shortcut of avg here .......hope it works for u...

OP
K

karthik316_2003

Broken In
u c there is something called avg resident shiled that USED TO LOAD automatically at startup..it detects the virus instantly for eg.,when a floppy containing virus is inserted into the drive..this is very useful is'nt it.?.its not possible for me to manually start the program eveytime i boot up..thats the reason i want to msconfig..

anyway will get back after trying the alternative of adding the shortcut to the startup folder

swatkat

Technomancer
What is the location (path) of the AVG installation? (For example, C:\Program Files\Grisoft\...)

expertno.1

Technomancer
the path depends on the installation

at the time of installation you have to give the path

but we dont look anything and click on next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom