autopatcher gives heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have xp-pro with sp2.i installed some hotfixes that were critical updates from the autopatcher that come with the digit.after that i gets many problems:
1.explorer does't starts (window has encountered a problem) even in safe mode
2.no desktop icons
3.many services stopped.tas manager shows few processes running.when wanted to start them with services.msc ,gives error like code --- or dependency failed.
4.norton doesn't starts and says license expird
5 ms antispyware doesn't starts
6.system restore doesn't works
there is no uninstall entry to unintall them.they doesn't unistall even with autopatcher.

after trying and trying ,i got my explorer back with the option of last known good configuration with f8.
after that some programs are giving me problems like--
1.wmp10 doesn't starts saying wmp.dll has version 10.0.0.3923 where version 10.0.0.3808 was expected
2.device driver of both cd-drives were corrupted saying "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

please help me

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i must say urs is a very strange case dude

none of us had any such prob

agreed there are a lot registry tweaks in the autopatcher

but they will apply only if u check them in

even in that case u can always undo them

there is a built in tool in the autopatcher to do that

its strange why ur antivirus and antispyware tools dont work

maybe ther is problem in explorer.exe
try replacing tht file and tweak a lot with the autopatcher folder

i am not convinced that all of that has happened only because of the autopatcher !!!

anandk

Distinguished Member
doing a systemrestore to an earlier point seems to be the only fast and easiest solution. do it to the point b4 u installed autopatcher or b4 the first update got installed by autopatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom