Automatic Slideshow in CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms_solver

In the zone
What will you do if you have hundreds of photos and want to burn them on a CD so as to display slideshow of these selected photos? The main idea is to start slideshow of your images as soon as you insert the burned CD into the CD-ROM.

I have found out the solution to these problem. the sol is sw called IrfanView. Follow these instructions to achieve the goal
-> If IrfanView is not installed, get it from *www.irfanview.com/, then install it. Set the slideshow option, slide advancement as your need. These settings will be saved into the file called i_view32.ini

-> Make one file called autorun.inf. For this example I have used folder name myImages. Autorun.inf content should look like this:
Code:
[autorun]
open="i_view32.exe /slideshow=\myImages /closeslideshow"

-> Now, compiling new CD (say using Nero), copy i_view32.exe, i_view32.ini, and autorun.inf to Root of CD
-> keep folder containing images to root of CD. For this particular instance the folder containing photos is called myImages.

PS: If anybody have better idea, then do post your idea here

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thanks for the tip. BTW, Irfanview comes on the Digit CD/DVD every month. No need to download :) I think it is in the essentials section.

Also have a look at JAlbum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom