Automatic Key Press: Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I own a HCL beanstalk with Windows XP, and i key keyboard and P4, motherboard with onboard graphics (16MB). Whenever I play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, the Turtle I select goes automatically in the left direction without me pressing the button on the keyboard. When I bring the pause menu nothing sirt of it happens but when I go and play again the same thing is happening.

In GTA: Vice City too, the player automatically moves forward.

Please help.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
try reconfiguring the controls , to use another key for that particular movement . if the problem is rectified , then check if that particular key is stuck or just remove it from the keyboard and clean it .

else check ur keyboard settings in control panel and device manager

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm do u have a joystick connected??? joysticks sometimes give this kind of problem...if u r using a joystick, then disconnect it b4 u play games...

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Nemesis said:
hmmm do u have a joystick connected??? joysticks sometimes give this kind of problem...if u r using a joystick, then disconnect it b4 u play games...
Nemesis is right !!!
I tooo have the same problem If I run NFS UG with my game pad connected the cars automatically moves in the forward direction !!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@nemi i guess he did mention using the keyboard for gameplay :)

@rohan.....does this happen for all games that ya play...if yes then the right Direction key is probably has got stuck at a particular point.....just tap on it for a while,it might just turn normal.....Or else Clean the interior base of ur keyboard.....And if even this dosent prevail Then u gotta replace the Keyboard :)

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
@nemi i guess he did mention using the keyboard for gameplay :)

@rohan.....does this happen for all games that ya play...if yes then the right Direction key is probably has got stuck at a particular point.....just tap on it for a while,it might just turn normal.....Or else Clean the interior base of ur keyboard.....And if even this dosent prevail Then u gotta replace the Keyboard :)

The keyboard runs in LAPD demo but not in it's full version. Recently tried out a few games and these have the problem:

|Future Cop L.A.P.D
|Superbike
|Resident Evil 3

vysakh

Padawan
yes, this is a joystick problem. I experienced it the first time i played vice city. Remove the joystick

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
vysakh said:
yes, this is a joystick problem. I experienced it the first time i played vice city. Remove the joystick

No joystick or gamepad or the like owned or connected.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm, I have had this problem with a lot of games. If the game supports customizing controllers, then go into the Controllers screen, reset everything to its default and see if that fixes it. It always does for me.

infernus

Broken In
It's clear. The problem is with the keyboard. Maybe the left arrow key is stuck. It's not a problem with these specific games. The key get stuck randomly. Cleaning the keyboard interiors might help. You'd be better off getting yourself a new keyboard as they are now damn cheap.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
1. You could try interchanging your keyboard and mouse ports, if they are USB.
2. You should check the pins on your keyboard connector, probably dust it.
3. You could manually "uninstall" game controllers in device manager. First set to diable, if the problem persists, "uninstall" it. Play the game before and after reinstalling drivers.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
enoonmai said:
Hmmm, I have had this problem with a lot of games. If the game supports customizing controllers, then go into the Controllers screen, reset everything to its default and see if that fixes it. It always does for me.

It worked, it worked !! THANKS A LOT>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom