AutoCAD 2009 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

narangz

Web developer
Autodesk has released the new versions of its products on March 25th 2008. The new versions include all of the AutoCAD 2009 products.
The Autodesk website mentions 'NEW RELEASE' along with all the product lineup.
*autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/WindowsLiveWriter/image_thumb_86.png

The new versions of the following products have been released:
AutoCAD
AutoCAD Architecture
AutoCAD Civil 3D
AutoCAD Electrical
AutoCAD Land Desktop
AutoCAD LT
AutoCAD Map 3D
AutoCAD Mechanical
AutoCAD MEP
AutoCAD OEM
AutoCAD P&ID
AutoCAD Raster Design
AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite
AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite
AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite
Autodesk 3ds Max
Autodesk 3ds Max Design
Autodesk AliasStudio
Autodesk Design Review
Autodesk Freewheel
Autodesk Impression
Autodesk Inventor
Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise
Autodesk MapGuide Studio
Autodesk Navisworks
Autodesk PortfolioWall
Autodesk Productstream
Autodesk Quantity Takeoff
Autodesk Showcase
Autodesk SketchBook Pro
Autodesk Subcontractor
DWG TrueView
Revit MEP
Revit Structure

You can also download trial of the products.
Source

slugger

Banned
these autodesk people keep releasing new versions of AutoCAD every year

i have seen companies still usin their licensed copies of R14

as 4 me as long as i am in coll i wud stick to my trusty old 2002 (AutoCAd wud b the first thin i wud un-learn on leavin coll)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
last version of autocad i used was autocad 2005 :D in my college centre for design... but in my mechanical dept there is still the 2002 version :D

slugger is pretty much right.. its the case for the companies in India ;) even the CAD teaching institues are using a pretty dated autocad version.. they are just upgrading other 3D packages like CATIA and ProE

@narangz yes cadcrazy is working in the field of CAD :D

_

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^Why? :)

@Cadcrazy- Are you into designing too? That's why CadCrazy? :)

Yeah I'am working as Design engineer but mostly we use 3D Cad software as aginst Autocad which is good for 2D

slugger is pretty much right.. its the case for the companies in India ;) even the CAD teaching institues are using a pretty dated autocad version.. they are just upgrading other 3D packages like CATIA and ProE
@narangz yes cadcrazy is working in the field of CAD :D

Yes Autocad is becoming History now. Pro-E is also sinking. Big daddy of all 3D Cad softwares is CATIA & its closest competitor is UG (Unigraphics).

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
when you get a job, you will obvioulsy have to learn the package used by the Co

but as a student, IMO, it is best to learn any 1 package and learn it well. At the basic level, concepts of solid modelling and assembly will remain the same across all packages. the only thing that changes is the placement of buttons and sumtines the seqeunce of operation

i lernt I-DEAS 8 when in S.E. and still pracatising on it [tho now i use I-DEAS 11 NX]. tried wroking on solidworks in college. dint find the migration difficult at all

CadCrazy

in search of myself
i lernt I-DEAS 8 when in S.E. and still pracatising on it [tho now i use I-DEAS 11 NX]. tried wroking on solidworks in college. dint find the migration difficult at all

Are you also mechanical engineer ?
Solidworks is the easiest cad software in the market. This is the main reason you are not finding it difficult. Try UG or Pro-E, you'll find the difference :D. These(especially Pro-E) are a torture for Ideas/Solidworks user.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Are you also mechanical engineer ?
Solidworks is the easiest cad software in the market. This is the main reason you are not finding it difficult. Try UG or Pro-E, you'll find the difference :D. These(especially Pro-E) are a torture for Ideas/Solidworks user.
hahah yeah true but solidworks is not popular in India... they even tried a few nation wide design competitions but I dont think those were very successful..
and autocad inventor is nowhere to be seen :p

ProE though being cumbersome (even the wildfire :D ) is very much popular... but CATIA is now taking that crown and is also easy.. I drew all my jigs and fixtures drawings in CATIA it was easier to draw in CATIA and take print out than to draw by hand :p I'm allergic to drafters hehe

anyway solidworks and catia both are from dassault systems only and there are a few differences between them too.

_

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
right now me 3/4rth Mechie :) ;)

using solidworks now bcos our colleges got licensed copies of Solidworks 2004

CadCrazy

in search of myself
right now me 3/4rth Mechie :) ;)

using solidworks now bcos our colleges got licensed copies of Solidworks 2004

3/4 th machie ?????????

Yaar solidworks 2004 is quite old. Since then there has been drastic change in features/interface .

And all you machies computer forum mein kya khak chan rahe ho :D

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
slugger said:
agar unka bas chalta toh ped ke neeche bithakar padhate

Haha :D Nature Lovers :p

@ CadCrazy aka Jugnu ji- I wanted to ask you something but forgot. Why did you write Jugnu in Windows computer name? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom