Auto start an application after closing another application

bobby23

Broken In
Is there a way for me to auto start ccleaner and automatically Run Cleaner after I close Google chrome every time?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is there a way for me to auto start ccleaner and automatically Run Cleaner after I close Google chrome every time?

I don't think there is a software which will do the same...
but one can create a win32 program using VB.NET or C# & applying the concept of threading

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

If all you need to do is clear Google Chrome's cache, then I think every browser supports "clear cache on exit" sort of thing. Try looking in the settings.

OP
bobby23

bobby23

Broken In
I have click & clean it does clear the cache but I am using win 7 and I have it pinned to the taskbar. So when I right click on chrome in taskbar it shows recently closed and most visited. I have to use ccleaner to clean it. Not only chrome but every thing pinned to the taskbar shows history, which I don't want.
@Zangetsu how do I do that??
Thx all

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Zangetsu how do I do that??
Thx all
if u know vb.net & c# then only u can create a program in visual studio IDE.
u need to have thorough knowledge of the subject "Threading","Process" etc.

what the program will do is run in background & monitor chrome is running or not
& as soon as it is closed it will open CCleaner.but u have to design it that way.:razz:
but it will only open CCleaner & will not automate its inside process such as "RegCleaning" etc

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I can't help you on how can you accomplish the Automatically running of CCleaner after some app, like Chrome closes, but I can help you in making that easier.

As, Zangetsu said, even if you could make such an app, "it will only open CCleaner & will not automate its inside process such as "RegCleaning" etc"
So, for that I would like to add, that CCleaner supports Command Line Parameters.
So, if you edit a shortcut of CCleaner by following command, just double clicking it, would automatically start the software, and would perform the cleaning.
Code:
CCleaner.exe /AUTO

Source:
CCleaner - Command-line parameters

CCleaner runs silently and automatically, using the current set of saved options to clean the PC. CCleaner then exits.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
pretty sure this can be done with autohotkey. Try asking there: AutoHotkey Community - Mouse and Keyboard Macros and Hotkeys

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
pretty sure this can be done with autohotkey. Try asking there: AutoHotkey Community - Mouse and Keyboard Macros and Hotkeys

Exactly what I was thinking! I could have made an executable for you but I do not know your config. So here's the code you need for AutoHotKey -
Code:
RunWait chrome.exe
Run CCleaner.exe /AUTO   '[If Vineet369's command is right]

Type chrome.exe and CCleaner.exe along with their respective path names and then assign a hotkey for this script or just make an executable out of it (Autohotkey supports converting your scripts to exes. There's a separate program included for that). Next time you want to open Chrome, just open that exe itself.

Top Bottom