audio query

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicha

High without substance...
i have a 2.1 set from creative and a normal 2 sepakers from the same make.
and my on board sound card has three slots.

1.(RED)- for microfone.
2.(GREEN)- for the speakers.
3>(BLUE)- i do not know what this is for,

i have heard that i can connect my other speakers to that slot.
i have installed a driver which looks like this.
Now when i test my speakers i can hear the sound from all 4 speakers plus on subwoffer.
but when i play music on wmp or vln the two speakers do not give any sound but buzzing sound, but my 2.1 are working.

what can i do to make all 4 plus my subwoffer to work?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The Blue is The Line in.
And when you use those ports with the software the color coding is :
GREEN: Front Speakers
BLUE: Rear Speakers
RED: Sub-woofer/Center or Mic.

The reasons you hear only 2 channel sound from music on wmp or vln is because they play mp3 or any other sound format which is basically stereo sound.However if you use the 5.1 surround plug-in it should work,
If you use software like PowerDVD or WinDVD or any other player which can UP-Mix 2 Channel sound to 5.1 you will have all the speakers working.

philcom

Bedroom DJ :)
freshseasons said:
The reasons you hear only 2 channel sound from music on wmp or vln is because they play mp3 or any other sound format which is basically stereo sound.However if you use the 5.1 surround plug-in it should work,
If you use software like PowerDVD or WinDVD or any other player which can UP-Mix 2 Channel sound to 5.1 you will have all the speakers working.
Excellent answer !
@chicha -And here is a snapshot of my Creative Audigy EAX console. Hope you can get some idea about the built-in virtual up-mixing effect. Using these settings, every player I use (be it Winamp, WMP10, Media player Classic-K-lite Version,Foobar200 etc.) is automatically routed through my 7.1 Surround Speakers Set-up and that is without any 5.1 add-on or plugins.
Code:
*img508.imageshack.us/img508/4692/audigyeaxconsolets3.gif
So, my humble suggestion is, try to tweak your surround software mixer that came with your driver to get the muchneeded desired surround effect.
Waiting eagerly for your feedback.....,
Regards

apacheman said:
what actually is the LINE IN for?
Well,
1. if you are yet to discard your old beloved cassette tape-deck deck or age old turn-table and want to digitize some of your precious and not so easily available recordings,
2. And if you play Synthesizer or other electronic Instruments ,

3. If you are into basic Audio recording using Multichannel analog mixer ,
then Line-in facility is for you.

Actually Line-in Input socket has two separate ''unbalanced Input'' , If I'm not Wrong, or a stereo Input comprising two Audio Inputs , that is used to record Analog Audio Signal into your PC.
You can configure these two Inputs as per your requirement i.e. you can record your Voice and Guitar simultaneously in realtime if you have an Analog Audio mixer.

Regards.

Last edited:

pushkaraj

In the zone
Hey can any1 tell me whether can i connect my speakers as well as my headphones to my onboard realtek audio. Both hav a mono 3.5mm pin. I hav attached a screenshot of the jacks from the realtek audio utility.

philcom

Hey can any1 tell me whether can i connect my speakers as well as my headphones to my onboard realtek audio......

Very good and pragmatic question,
here is how I do it with my audigy .
I insert headphone jack into the Green 3.5 Socket ( Front speakers ) at the back panel of PC and connect my Monitor Speakers (used to monitor/master my recording ) to the rear socket and route outgoing audio signal as per my requirement through the Software Mixer of Audigy Driver.

Now the question is whether your onboard sound is capable of driving both of them or not --perhaps the answer is Yes. BUT I'm not sure that your onboard sound system will not be damaged.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I am Still waiting for proper decent Creative drivers for my Audigy 2 Zs for Vista.
When i use the latest updated drivers for vista and theres a distinct schrrech sound in between playing files.This is recurrently absent in however in Windows xp.
Someone has third party modded Drivers for Vista for Audigy .

philcom

@ freshseasons
This is just a guess , are you using an AMD based mainboard ?

I have had several issues regarding the AMD+Creative Combo when I bought my first and very basic midi-keyboard called Creative Prodikeys and I had to download an AMD patch from their website to make the "intelligent autoaccompaniment software" work correctly and decently. But I was not at all satisfied with the latency as I obtained even after much optimization of my OS ( XP Sp2) ( i.e. painful paraphernalia like disabling redundant services and all that etc.) and safe over-clocking with my perfectly and impeccably working AMD motherboard ! But after switching over to Intel, every issue I faced was solved magically. I don't know how. IMHO, greater L2 cache has a boon in this respect.

Last edited:

pushkaraj

In the zone
philcom said:
Very good and pragmatic question,
here is how I do it with my audigy .
I insert headphone jack into the Green 3.5 Socket ( Front speakers ) at the back panel of PC and connect my Monitor Speakers (used to monitor/master my recording ) to the rear socket and route outgoing audio signal as per my requirement through the Software Mixer of Audigy Driver.

Now the question is whether your onboard sound is capable of driving both of them or not --perhaps the answer is Yes. BUT I'm not sure that your onboard sound system will not be damaged.
Thanx a lot dude. Your suggestion worked. I just hope that the onboard audio system doesn't get spoilt.

philcom

Wow ! It's really great to know that your purpose is served now. The pleasure is all mine. Thank you very much for your feedback !

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
philcom said:
@ freshseasons
This is just a guess , are you using an AMD based mainboard ?

I have had several issues regarding the AMD+Creative Combo when I bought my first and very basic midi-keyboard called Creative Prodikeys and I had to download an AMD patch from their website to make the "intelligent autoaccompaniment software" work correctly and decently. But I was not at all satisfied with the latency as I obtained even after much optimization of my OS ( XP Sp2) ( i.e. painful paraphernalia like disabling redundant services and all that etc.) and safe over-clocking with my perfectly and impeccably working AMD motherboard ! But after switching over to Intel, every issue I faced was solved magically. I don't know how. IMHO, greater L2 cache has a boon in this respect.
Thanks for the messege.However with me its exactly opposite.
With AMD it worked like charm. Now that i have got intel P 4 LGA the issues started cropping up.The board is also Intel Board.
I still dont know...what to do..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom