Attention all TDF gamerz... Advice needed !...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman4

In the zone
Hello all my friend needs an advice..
He likes gaming a lot he used to play with his ps2.
But now his ps2 is dead so he wants to buy a console or a pc... which should he buy....
HIS BUDGET IS 50k..

Should he build a gaming pc or should he buy a monitor and console.......?
And if console then which one....?

cyborg47

Technomancer
if the budget is really 50k, why not wait another year and get a next gen console? I'm sure its going to be better than the current gen consoles and PC gaming(yeah I know about Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3, but I still believe next gen console games will look better ;)

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
yes, wait for a year ,then take next gen console...if you want to buy currently take xbox 360...also in 50k you can buy both xbox360 and a medium range pc...

tkin

Back to school!!
Hello all my friend needs an advice..
He likes gaming a lot he used to play with his ps2.
But now his ps2 is dead so he wants to buy a console or a pc... which should he buy....
HIS BUDGET IS 50k..

Should he build a gaming pc or should he buy a monitor and console.......?
And if console then which one....?
Gaming PC no doubt, for 50k one can get a descent PC now a days, also game prices for PC are very low making up for the extra cost(as an eg: all pc games max 999/- steam deals etc 500/- but console games deal for 2.5k and also next gen console may up that price as well).

gameranand

Living to Play
For now I would suggest PC. If he want to wait for another year then I might change my suggestion to console.

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
Well I am sure that you will never ever run out of good games on PC also. :)
but some good games never coming to pc that you will want to play like rdr ,halo etc.why not take take console if want gaming..in pc you have only better graphics and lower price of games.better take console...

Also most of games come first on console...

Sarath

iDota
The next gen console will release next year but buying an untested console at launch has never been a wise idea. Consoles only shine after atleast one year and continue to gain prominence over the span of next 5 years. So for now, do not invest in a new console.

The wisest choice would be a gaming PC but in the current scenario it isn't really all that good. A long time ago, PC games were much better than console games any day but today the same games are either parred down for PC or simply not available. I am not talking about games like Starcraft or Dota which cannot be properly played on a console anyway but regular games that could have been but are simply not made for PC anymore like RDR for example.

If I were you, I would buy a PS3 or Xbox and finish the wealth of games in their respective catalogue.

I usually buy a next gen console in its third year, mostly because of the price and secondly because of the games.

Today I own a PS3, vita and a gaming PC. I wouldn't recommend any over the other but even if I would reflect on my purchases, I would buy a console first and then buy a gaming PC.

So my suggestion is to buy a PS3 now and upgrade to either a gaming PC or a next gen console in 2015. You can sell your PS3 and survive on used games till then since most people will let go of their old games so that they can buy new ones.

For more info refer to this article: *goo.gl/K4qhr

also more info about PS3, especially the used games part in my signature. Click spoiler below.

axes2t2

I am a cat
if the budget is really 50k, why not wait another year and get a next gen console? I'm sure its going to be better than the current gen consoles and PC gaming(yeah I know about Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3, but I still believe next gen console games will look better ;)

Pc will always be better for gaming.

N@m@n

Journeyman
@OP buy a second hand ps3 and a new monitor for now.
say a used ps3 is worth 10k and 24inch led monitor for 12k. Now you save 28k keep saving money till you get about 70k then make the pc..
AFAIK you CANNOT make a decent gaming pc including monitor for 50k...

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
say a used ps3 is worth 10k and 24inch led monitor for 12k. Now you save 28k keep saving money till you get about 70k then make the pc..

You are right....

axes2t2

I am a cat

Do you include the cost of tv when buying a console ?

Yes it is but at 50K you can't max out on every game I guess.

Darling, the 50k pc will still be better than consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom