ATI's new 4800 GPU! Will they be able to take down 9800GTX and 9800GX2 of NVIDIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See ATi launched thir new losers the 4800 series GPUs and are daunting that they are faster and more powerful than NVIDIA's 9800GTX and 9800GX2 while being easy on the pocket and I dont give a ****. Still they will not be able to beat NVIDIA. What say guys? Whats your poll?:cool:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Till now i have heard that 3870X2 beats 8800gts hands down... i am not a benchmarker but am saying after reading the reviews... i myself am waiting for the new ATI cards to come and will buy that then

napster007

Padawan
See ATi launched thir new losers the 4800 series GPUs and are daunting that they are faster and more powerful than NVIDIA's 9800GTX and 9800GX2 while being easy on the pocket and I dont give a ****. Still they will not be able to beat NVIDIA. What say guys? Whats your poll?:cool:

hey newbie.....dont insult just because they don't have a card to match up to the 9800. See their mid range and performance cards....they are way cheaper than....the nvidia. i'm a nvidia user,,but it dosent mean that i'll go insulting ati. they have their own pro's and cons.

next time....read your article before u post

OP
P

pk_chester

Banned
Hey napster I just joined the forums dosent mean i am a newbie! I know what I am posting! And yeah ATi is gonna be beaten for sure!

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^^ better dont just give comments... let them compete first and then we can decide which is better

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@pk chester
So u r not a noob?Then ur definitely a very biased person(Go,join nvidia fanboy's association).
By the way,3870x2 already beats 8800 ultra(which is about 20% faster than 9800gtx) in most benchmarks.My question is,will the next generation amd cards be able to beat real next gen nvidia(ie RV770 vs GT200) which will take at least another 3-4 months to get released by the looks of it.So Ati would definitely have the advantage for now(They are claiming a performance increase of 50%,which would obliterate the current gen cards,way above 9800gtx).

My bet is still on nvidia's GT200;but now that crossfire(&sli) platforms have matured,it would always be the performance/price that should count.Besides,ati has already said that they are focussing on multiple gpu cards while nvidia(hypocrites:)) are focusing on very fast single GPU cards.

By the way,where did u get the info that 4800 has released,it is only in production right?.

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
hey newbie.....dont insult just because they don't have a card to match up to the 9800. See their mid range and performance cards....they are way cheaper than....the nvidia. i'm a nvidia user,,but it dosent mean that i'll go insulting ati. they have their own pro's and cons.

next time....read your article before u post

+1 we simply cannot under estimate amd ati.

x3060

A LOTR fan
rightly said . . dont underestimate ati . . they are very good cards . . my current one is 7600 gt my future upgrade will surely be ati . . . right now they have excellent solutions . . am open to any card which suits my wallet . . both are not my own companys . . so i have no feelings towards them . i just want one that works well with in my reach thats all :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@pk_chester
The statement u just gave says it everythin bout ur knowledge

BTW 9800GX2 will be competing HD4800 X2 and not HD 4800.
Its the 9800GTX which competes HD 4800. And just go thru the specs of the HD 4xxx. It seems by far more superior than the 9800.

And BTW did u know that HD 3870 X2 already beats even 8800GT SLI??

Me too have nvidia cards 7600GT and 8600GT. But still i like ATI much. Nowadays its dem who brings cutting edge like 55nm, GDDR4,5 etc and DX 10.1 and ring bus technology. And still they are able to keep the prices low.

Last edited:
OP
P

pk_chester

Banned
So you think GDDR4-5 helps? No they dont! PCIe 2.0 has a bandwidth limit my friend! And if you compare the *beep*****ing*beep* 3870x2 with a 8800GTX than its a no deal! 3870x2 is dual GPU card and the 8800GTX is a single GPU one! Man common! 9900 series card are gonna beat the hell outta ATi 4800! And yes the 9800 GX2 easily beats the 3870x2! So you have it

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U didnt get it.
I never compared the HD 3870X2 with a 1/5yr old 8800GTX.
I was comparing HD 3870 X2 with 8800GT SLI. So both are dual GPU ones.

And how do u compare a 40k 9800GX2 with a 20k HD 3870 X2???
nyway, everybody has their own views. Why start a new thread for such old topics??
theres been lots of thread more than 3 months old on the news nd specs of HD 4xxx...why start new ones just to express ur hate towards ATI??

@ajayashish
ya, thats a better idea :)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
noob alert.....lol.....

let the two prod hit market and YOU buy them both and then post it here we all will agree.....

Hrithan2020

In the zone
So you think GDDR4-5 helps? No they dont! PCIe 2.0 has a bandwidth limit my friend! And if you compare the *beep*****ing*beep* 3870x2 with a 8800GTX than its a no deal! 3870x2 is dual GPU card and the 8800GTX is a single GPU one! Man common! 9900 series card are gonna beat the hell outta ATi 4800! And yes the 9800 GX2 easily beats the 3870x2! So you have it

Yeah 9800gx2 does sure beat 3870x2 but is really overpriced for its performance.3870x2 is a better choice(provided u dont have sli/crossfire-capable mobos or dont want to bother with the sli/crossfire hassles).GDDR5 is supposed to be 3 times faster than GDDR3 so it may help in clocking the cards higher resulting in better performance.Right now,PCI-Express 2 is more a future proof option rather than for increasing performance.So,maybe the next gen card would be able to utilize the bandwidth of pci-express 2 to the full extent.

PS:I also hope that 99xx beats 48xx series which will lead to better performing card coming to the market sooner & at a cheaper price.(I could have a 8800 gt for 7k :))

amitash

Intel OCer
@pk chester....i own a 3870x2 and byfar it beats everything in the market except for the 9800gx2...the 9800gx2 is twice its price but not twice the performance...just compare the 3dmark results or any other benchmark for tat matter...for ex:
9800gx2 with Q6600 at 3.0Ghz=17452
3870x2 with q6600 at 3.0Ghz=17212
(all benchmark results are viewed in the 3dmark result comparing tool in their website)
mine scores only 16455 cus i have a dumb intel board....i dont think its worth 20k more for just tat lilttle performance increase...and the 3870x2 even beats the more expensive 9800GTX...plus if u have a crossfire board u can use any 2 ati cards in crossfire so ur old card wont go to waste...but for nvidia u have to buy an identical card.U cant put an 8800gtx and an 8800gt under sli but u can put a 3870x2 and 3850/3870 under crossfire...so its much more futureproof...chek this out:
*lly316.blogspot.com/2008/03/geforce-9800-gx2-vs-radeon-hd-3870-x2_13.html
the 3870x2 performs even better than the 9800gx2 with AA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom