ATI Radeon HD 7670m showing as Intel HD Grapics 3000 - HP Paviion G6-2206TX

utkarsh73

Journeyman
I think the original game wasn't designed to run on Windows 7 as it wasn't launched at that time. Update the game to version 1.4 using the patch and it might work.

OP
sagarsoni

sagarsoni

Sagar
Hi Sagarsoni,

Don't worry your laptop's graphics is working fine. the thing with dual graphics(Intel HD +ATI/AMD Radeon) laptop is that they have 2 modes (setting in BIOS) as follows.
1> Dynamic mode - where the laptop automatically chooses the best Graphics card according to the application/game running.. by default it uses the Intel HD as it is low power consuming.
2> Fixed mode - where you can manually choose which graphics card your laptop uses after you login to windows..you can even set AMD as primary.

Your laptop is currently setup to use the Dynamic mode.. that it why you see IntelHD every where as it is default, it is only when you run games that it automatically switches to AMD.

For details see . HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs - c03048374 - HP Business Support Center

the good news is that you can change the setting to Fixed mode in the BIOS.. once you change it to Fixed mode in BIOS then you can manually select which card you want to use..and you can be absolutely sure which card is being used by your games..

WARNING: Be careful while changing anything in BIOS, if you are not comfortable dont do it..

So once you change it to fixed mode in BIOS you can follow the procedure below to switch between graphics cards after you boot into windows..

If you only use if for games with the power adapter connected, then you have no need to automatically switch to the power saving GPU.

Right-click an empty place on the desktop and select configure switchable graphics.
Take the tick mark out of the box that says "Automatically select power-saving GPU when on battery".
Select the High Performance GPU and then click on apply at the bottom right side of the window.
Now you should see the High Performance GPU as the current graphics processing unit in the Switchable Graphics Status.

but there is no option like this in bios :(

I think the original game wasn't designed to run on Windows 7 as it wasn't launched at that time. Update the game to version 1.4 using the patch and it might work.

thank you so much............ patched the game and no error

AJJ

Right off the assembly line
i have recently bought HP Pavilion G6-2206TX. it has 2gb ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7670M. but when i checked my compatibility of GTA 4, it showed "not compatible".
also it showed my graphics card as Intel HD Graphics 3000. here is that screenshot:
View attachment 7711
please help me. i purchased laptop for radeon 7670m not for intel hd graphics 3000. :-(

I have bought the same model.
The G6-2206TX automatically switches to Radeon 7670m when AC power is connected or if you select 'high performance' under switchable graphics option.
Though Radeon 7670m processes graphics separately, its output is rendered using HD3000 since its the primary adapter, this is why you see HD3000 everywhere (in system settings/benchmark/games etc), but it will still use the 7670m if you select 'high performance'. You can confirm this by downloading FRAPS and verifying the frame per second for 'power saving' and 'high performance' selection for the games.

Since it comes with 7670m and HD3000 integrated, traditional AMD drivers will not work, you need to get it from HP website.

The laptop uses InsydeH20 BIOS, where the advanced configuration is locked by default. Hence only the basic configuration would be displayed on the BIOS.

Hope this helps :)

Top Bottom