At Tata Croma, Lenovo+Polaroid digicam+Vista home basic=35,000 | | Good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hi guyz,
Yesterday, I visited Croma and found a deal that looke amazing to me.

Lenovo preinstalled with OEM Windows Vista Home basic would get me a polaroid digicam worth 7500.

Lenovo(1.86 GHz intel dual core, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Wifi, LAN, USB modem, Bluetooth, card reader.)[I wrongly noted the model no. as 87Q430]

I think this is awesome as most of the other brands that I checked with similar configs were priced at 33-36 K, with Linux or FreeDOS, without any free offerings. I felt that this was not that type of offer where they inflate the price and offer discount on it!

What do you guyz say?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ looks good..

btw, hv u checked the digicam details ?? i mean having a decent MP(mega pixel) and decent digi zoom ?? also, is the mem card also provided with it ??? (this is a secondary requirement though)
-----------------

Also, this lappy config is good (as u might be getting it for light purpose and not for heavy graphics or anything of tat sort, i guess) :)
-----------------

but, DUAL CORE is older than core2duo..so maybe u shud be looking into this closer still..as it wont giv u much processing power...rest all (2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Wifi, LAN, USB modem, Bluetooth, card reader) is mandatory and since its provided, its good config.. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, sure (coz even i was wondering) how come u hv not posted abt the digicam (apart from its name) :)

also, do ponder upon the dual core...if u are getting this lappy jus for lite work its good,

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Hi guyz,
Yesterday, I visited Croma and found a deal that looke amazing to me.

Lenovo preinstalled with OEM Windows Vista Home basic would get me a polaroid digicam worth 7500.

Lenovo(1.86 GHz intel dual core, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Wifi, LAN, USB modem, Bluetooth, card reader.)[I wrongly noted the model no. as 87Q430]

I think this is awesome as most of the other brands that I checked with similar configs were priced at 33-36 K, with Linux or FreeDOS, without any free offerings. I felt that this was not that type of offer where they inflate the price and offer discount on it!

What do you guyz say?
which croma showroom did u visit...Is it in Navi Mumbai?? Kharghar / Vashi

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@Ashu,
I need it for light work. As you rightly pointed out that C2d is advanced than dual core, but the cost difference is not justified for the light work I need.

And since I have no knowledge about digicams, I just forgot to check its details. Anywayz, I will check and let you know. I was to go today but all outlets are closed following raj thackrey's arrest. Hence, I could not visit today.

@ VDC, it Vashi(City centre mall)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, u are rite, price is not justified at all..will be waiting for ur reply on the digicam part. .:)

btw, if u dont hv a digicam at all, this is a good offer (on a serious note) :) coz afaik, the digicam will hv atleast 5x digital zoom and hv atleast 5 megapixel camera, also plz ask them abt the memory card (if tat too is incl. or no, prefereably 2 GB) along with cam pouch, battery, charger :)
-----------------

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^^

yup, u are rite, price is not justified at all..will be waiting for ur reply on the digicam part. .:)

btw, if u dont hv a digicam at all, this is a good offer (on a serious note) :) coz afaik, the digicam will hv atleast 5x digital zoom and hv atleast 5 megapixel camera, also plz ask them abt the memory card (if tat too is incl. or no, prefereably 2 GB) along with cam pouch, battery, charger :)
-----------------

Cheers n e-peace...
Hey, I already bought it yesterday late evening.
Polaroid a520 (*www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/polaroid_a520.html)

I got a Lenovo 3000 Y10 T2370 (Model name: 7757)
WinVista homa basic OEM, NOrton AV 1 yr subscription

I am also buying extended warranty of 2yrs for rs 1980

posting this from lenovo!

din

Tribal Boy
My Thinkpad R50 says - Hi young bro, welcome :D

Also, please check the battery backup time ok ? I mean when you use it fully, like wireless on, music on and working.

Last edited:
OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
sure, I think right now its slightly about 3 hrs for balanced mode.

btw is continuous use recommended, like working for 12 to 16 hrs a day?

btw, you got Thinkpad R50 newly??

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
Noooo, this is my 3 yr old laptop (thats why it called your lappy - younger bro lol)

Using it for long time is ok I think, but do not work continuously on power.

I mean charge it fully (battery), then disconnect power, let it run on battery, when battery reaches 15% or less, connect to power again. By doing this the charge - discharge cycles will go correct.

Please ignore if you already know this.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, it is always recommended to charge the device fully and then let it be used in battery mode (w'out the power cord plugged in) and as the battery is drained, connect it to the charger..

by doin this, u inprove the life of the battery (as its working on its full potential cycles of charge adn discharge)..

the same is also applicable for mobile phones too.. :)
--------------

btw, congrats man for the new lappy.. :) plz post sum pics of the lappy :D
--------------

im too planning to buy a DELL lappy (but only wen it has got 9xxx series of GPU in it.. like the HP ones..) :D
----------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom