At 20k is MI4 a decent buy.

bkpeerless

In the zone
I was planning to buy MI4 but am disapointed with the price and it doestn even support external memory. Is it right to go for this device. Or should i go for honor 6.
Plz dont ask me to go for oneplus since i didnt get a invite although waiting for 2 month.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If I were you, I would ask for an invite in *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets...ne-plus-one-will-finally-available-india.html
They should've launched 64 GB version @ 20k and 16 gb for 16-17k. otherwise Totally not worth it.

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

no people will really look forward to buy best hardware in low budget like yureka.. they should sell mi 4 at 15K or below (as SD615 @8K by Yureka)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yureka is a rebranded phone by micromax priced low
its not really for people looking for a premium phone
Mi4 is a joke going by its price,design,build etc
Id get One Plus One any day over xiaomi
another worthy mention is the HTC Desire 820

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
It's a good phone, Xiaomi is a victim of their own strategy of low prices and the presence of OPO and our own expectations which were high, expecting a phone similar to OPO
But apart from these phones the next SD 801 phone is Moto x which costs around 30k
Let's face it, this phone is much better than Moto x 16gb version, the lack of lte isn't gonna affect anyone at least for a year the telecom companies have talked about deploying them, and I don't think they are even fully functional (fdd lte I mean), and not everyone is gonna adopt it,, the moment its released
So if you put real life situation and usage in perspective, oPO scores over mi4 only in terms of storage,which is indeed a big let down but heck even the service of Xiaomi can be said to be "relatively" better
Cyanogenmod and miui are up to users preference, if you are gonna stick with stock rom, both offers more or less the same options
Heck mi4 has a fm radio and ir blaster, which I believe has more usage than the nfc
So far so good for mi4
But the moment you take software and customisation you can do,into perspective the whole situation becomes skewed in OPOs favour, and I would highly recommend for those people who are looking for what I have mentioned just now, to steer well clear of mi4
Granted, the miui India manager jaimani has declared that, they will release sources of newly released devices within 3 months (and they have followed it up with release of the sources for redmi and a date has also been announced for redmi 4 G), well I would say I need a bit more conviction, but I think they will keep the word this time for mi4
(my best guess for the delay of release of sources for mi3 is probably due to the fact both mi3 and mi4 share resources as is evident by how the roms released in XDA work on both phones)
So I don't think the phone is a "joke" even at this price
So unless anyone specifically needs the missing features in mi4, I don't think the phone would let anyone else down
For 2k extra you would get the OPO, but I have to remind everyone that oPO service options are still bad, even the return window for oPO is 10 days right? Compared to that mi4 should have a full 30 days period where you can eValuate and return if found faulty

Well I guess that's it from me

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Still Mi4 should be with atleast 32GB rom if not they should atleast have a Sd card slot.

R2K

In the Zone
Get the oneplus one. Atleast you will get good support from all over the web because its popular all around the world. MI4 is just popular in asia I think and you can forget about any good custom Roms and everytring

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I also feel One Plus One and Htc Desire 820 are better for this price other than the lack of ir blaster etc,which i can live with

rdx_halo

In the zone
Yes one plus one is the best in this segment. I believe that they kept the price high so that black marketeer don't horde the phones and sell them at a higher rate on eBay which happened last time for mi3. They will surely cut price by 2k during holi.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Get the oneplus one. Atleast you will get good support from all over the web because its popular all around the world. MI4 is just popular in asia I think and you can forget about any good custom Roms and everytring
I'm not sure I understand the world wide support, ASS is arguably the worst thing that you can say about OPO, if you are talking about XDA support, I think what's holding back support is lack of release of kernel sources, but Xiaomi seems to be on the right track, just check redmi subforum, they have a plethora of options now with different kernels, custom roms etc, so if Xiaomi keeps the promise of releasing kernel within 3 months of a device release in India, we can expect the same for mi4

I also feel One Plus One and Htc Desire 820 are better for this price other than the lack of ir blaster etc,which i can live with
How is 820 better, it has micro sd support alongside lte, what else I don't think 615 beats 801, but yeah in regular usage scenario it might not make much difference, but apart from that , I cant see much
If you are looking for that I would say honor 6 is better

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I'm not sure I understand the world wide support, ASS is arguably the worst thing that you can say about OPO, if you are talking about XDA support, I think what's holding back support is lack of release of kernel sources, but Xiaomi seems to be on the right track, just check redmi subforum, they have a plethora of options now with different kernels, custom roms etc, so if Xiaomi keeps the promise of releasing kernel within 3 months of a device release in India, we can expect the same for mi4

How is 820 better, it has micro sd support alongside lte, what else I don't think 615 beats 801, but yeah in regular usage scenario it might not make much difference, but apart from that , I cant see much
If you are looking for that I would say honor 6 is better

specs arent everything atleast once its in that category of hardware,its the overall experience and i personally feel xiaomi's look feel and touch screen arent upto the mark
this is my observation,may not be applicable for everyone
HTC 820 can pass as a 40k phone in terms of looks,display etc and performance is great
HTC after sales and quality is also arguably better than xiaomi

MIUI is kinda bloated imho,atleast from what i have seen on the mi3 and redmi 1s,OPO with CM is the best android implementation ive seen
this is coming from someone who prefers ipads as tablets and windows phone as choice of phone despite having a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7(2012) as backups in his bag
Sense UI is not as good as CM or stock android but its the next best thing

$hadow

Geek in making
After a long time HTC phones are looking good. Desire series made a good come back after all.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well that there is the difference mi4 is a flagship phone and will offer the flagship performance, it's just not the SD 801, there are other factors like emmc and the ram
I'm not entirely sure about how miui is bloated, yes it's not as smooth as aosp, but it's no slouch either, I haven't had a pefrmance issue or slow down till now
It's a bit too much for redmi that I agree but not for mi3 or for mi4
820 at its best can only pass off as one, heck it has a 720p screen on a 5.5" inch screen, that in itself would give it away, not to mention the lesser battery capacity, I don't have much clue about 820's camera but mi4 camera is a pretty good snapper,
HTC phones are generally over priced and at roughly around 21k I don't think this phone offers any value for money
And I have already read reports of how mediatek 6752 is better than sd615, which is also worth keeping in mind

For me the options worth considering in the same price range are oPO and honor apart from mi4 I doubt there are other phones worth looking at from these three!!

A

amit.tiger12

Yureka is a rebranded phone by micromax priced low
its not really for people looking for a premium phone
Mi4 is a joke going by its price,design,build etc
Id get One Plus One any day over xiaomi
another worthy mention is the HTC Desire 820

Not like that.. I want to say that, people will buy best hardware for low price (mostly in 10K price range) regardless of any brand....
Xiaomi should reconsider price for Mi4... 20k is really way too far from their 10K devices..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Not like that.. I want to say that, people will buy best hardware for low price (mostly in 10K price range) regardless of any brand....
Xiaomi should reconsider price for Mi4... 20k is really way too far from their 10K devices..

yep your point is true then
still I think most buyers dont do proper research before buying in India sadly

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
yep your point is true then
still I think most buyers dont do proper research before buying in India sadly

:+1:

They just go to shop and buy whatever the shopkeeper suggests them as the "best" while he is there just to make profit.
That's the reason crap phones from samdung, microcrap, lava, karbon, etc have way too much of market share compared to the likes of Motorola, Asus, Nokia (lumia series) and LG (high end phones).

Top Bottom