Asus Zenfone Glass replacement

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys.

Long story short,
My Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG's glass has broken down. just the glass, the touch is working fine.
please suggest what to do.
thanks in advance.

P. S. I couldn't find any forum for Mobile parts or such, so i'm posting here. Mods, please move this thread to the appropriate section if its not there already.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Update:
I checked with the service center guys, they have quoted me Rs. 3200 for the replacement.

Guys, please suggest something.

icebags

Technomancer
screen for that fone costs 2-2.5k : NEW 100 OEM LCD Display Touch Screen Glass Digitizer FOR Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG | eBay

NEW 100 OEM LCD Display Touch Screen Glass Digitizer FOR Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG | eBay

so i guess they gave quotation with the servicing charge, sounds near decent deal.

from next time perhaps, you should use tampered glass screen protector. :|

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
screen for that fone costs 2-2.5k : NEW 100 OEM LCD Display Touch Screen Glass Digitizer FOR Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG | eBay

NEW 100 OEM LCD Display Touch Screen Glass Digitizer FOR Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG | eBay

so i guess they gave quotation with the servicing charge, sounds near decent deal.

from next time perhaps, you should use tampered glass screen protector. :|

decent ?
the repair costs 3.2k, the phone costs 5.5 k.

icebags

Technomancer
^ well, when the screen itself costs 1/3r of the fone price, what else can u say. :-?

somehow its justified too, apart from the screen, which varies model wise, other parts are rather generic and cheaper. may be you can talk to other mobile repairing shops, if the fone is out of warranty, and see if its cheaper.

and dont forget a glass screen protector next time, they cost much lower (< 500) and provide some protection.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
yeah, actually, I just got a simple screen protector from amzer previously.
I'm thinking of using it as it is for some time,
one problem.
The screen does not turn on when the phone is removed from the ear, while in a call, probably because due to ineffective Proximity sensor. is there a workaround that?

icebags

Technomancer
is the like this all the time ? or happens occasionally ? cause my fone sometimes also behaves like this, moving away from ear, and still screen doesn't light up, i need to use power button to see the display. i guess it's not a major issue, u may ignore it, if u want.

another thing about screen protection, people with flip covers face such misfortune less than those who use flip-less covers. :-D

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
is the like this all the time ? or happens occasionally ? cause my fone sometimes also behaves like this, moving away from ear, and still screen doesn't light up, i need to use power button to see the display. i guess it's not a major issue, u may ignore it, if u want.

another thing about screen protection, people with flip covers face such misfortune less than those who use flip-less covers. :-D

no covers :p

its a major issue, Imagine calling a person who does not cut the call, the screen wont light up, ever, The power button solution does not work for me. :(
is there any other workaround on that ?

thanks

icebags

Technomancer
i dont see any solution to that crisis, other than sending it for rma or getting a replacement. may be some fone guru may know some secret technique, but not me. :-?

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Searched a lot, foud out a Touch digitizer (no LCD, just the glass panel) for 10.99 dollars on ebay.
New Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel Replacement for Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG | eBay

should I buy it ?

icebags

Technomancer
hmm i dont know, never actually replaced a scree myself, so i dont know how that works. if that would even be easy to replace the touch panel only. may be you can talk with your friendly local mobile repair guy if he can replace it if u give him only the digitizer.

apart from that, there may be hassles in importing foreign good, and hope it will be compatible.

here is a hazy scren replacement video though for that fone, doesn't look very difficult.

[YOUTUBE]AthsSHJjf-I[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom