Asus Zenfone 2 review

beingGamer

In the zone
my dad & mom has Asus phones zenfone 6 & 4 respectively.
Mom's phone was just to introduce her to the internet, so she is never bothered about the camera quality etc. her only complaint is that the battery drains quickly.

My own complains about Asus phones is though i hardly used those 2
1. they have huge bezels around the screen
2. navigation buttons dont have light

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I have many freinds/family who own Zenphone 5 . Worst part--i was the one who recommended this phone to them. For some, like my sister in law, the phone is awesome. But for some, its crap. One girl's Zenphone 5 has serious battery issue. Dies before our university classes get over. Another problem is that the display lights up on its own at random. I even experimented by putting it in flight mode. As for camera most of my friends have same opinion, very very blurry pics, worse than Galaxy Grand.

Just becuase it has ASUS stamped over it, it doesnt make it quality product. Some of them works some of them dont. There is no consistency. Remember those cheap Chinese phones with TV functionality during the Nokia dumbphone era?? They cost like 3000 bucks, some lasted a week,some lasted for years. Thats the thing with Chinese maal,their reliability is inconsistent.

You wont face these problems in Crapple iPhones or Samshit Milkyways or StinGee G3s...

Asus products in their mobile phone dept are a hit or miss. The factories where Asus's hardwars products are built and mobile products are built are totally different. Dont forget the horrible history of Asus. Remember those shitty Padphones???

Thanks to Asus Zenphone,i have stopped recommending ppl cellphones. This phone has ruinned my reputation of "expert tech advisor"

This review is greatly biased. I have used Zenfone 2 and it didn't have any of the problems mentioned, save for a few.

LOL. You own one or just used for few hours? And if your set has no problem then good for you and be happy.

Well, it seems [MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION]'s view is absolutely true. One of my another friend owns Zenfone 2 and amazingly he's not facing any such problems mentioned by [MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION].

I believe, this really varies from handset to handset. Very bad thing though.

Infact after reading [MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION]'s review, I had suggested many friends not to go for this phone when they asked me. But it seems the case is not that simple. Seems like it mostly depends on luck.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
u are really ignorant
LOL better go through the Facebook zenfone 2 group for more info. No I am not a fanboy you know ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it seems [MENTION=1376]mikael_schiffer[/MENTION]'s view is absolutely true. One of my another friend owns Zenfone 2 and amazingly he's not facing any such problems mentioned by [MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION].

Infact after reading [MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION]'s review, I had suggested many friends not to go for this phone when they asked me. But it seems the case is not that simple. Seems like it mostly depends on luck.
Actually Zenfone 2 having mostly software problem. Seen so many post at fb group about the problem mentioned like me. members willing to return it for refund. Really very sad incident

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
u are really ignorant

Never judge a book by it's cover.You used the phone in a showroom I guess?
That's how 90% of the people end up buying a laggy samsung or a micromax, they are very happy by just using it for an few hours or so, once the real usage start's the problems spring up.

Lol ASUS...will never go near that brand and always advise people to avoid them.

unless its a Motherboard. GOD they make awesome motherboards. They are the only company that abides by some rules about quality Japanese capacitors. There was a Youtube video on it. forgot the details...Big names like Gigabyte and MSI often break those rules using loop holes
ASUS Bundled bloatware for motherboard are way better than MSI or GIGABYTE

However, MSI Graphic cards are better than ASUS

Ok im am going off topic...

byeee

bikramjitkar

In the zone
unless its a Motherboard. GOD they make awesome motherboards. They are the only company that abides by some rules about quality Japanese capacitors. There was a Youtube video on it. forgot the details...Big names like Gigabyte and MSI often break those rules using loop holes
ASUS Bundled bloatware for motherboard are way better than MSI or GIGABYTE

However, MSI Graphic cards are better than ASUS

Ok im am going off topic...

byeee

It's BECAUSE of their motherboards that I hate them. Had 3, all of which failed within a year(including one for a system I built for a friend). And then the painful RMA experience with Rashi, where they kept me hanging for a couple of months only to issue a half value cheque in the end cos they couldn't get a replacement. Threw it in the trash and moved on, screw Asus.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
It's BECAUSE of their motherboards that I hate them. Had 3, all of which failed within a year(including one for a system I built for a friend). And then the painful RMA experience with Rashi, where they kept me hanging for a couple of months only to issue a half value cheque in the end cos they couldn't get a replacement. Threw it in the trash and moved on, screw Asus.

Please don't go offtopic

ashs1

Padawan
my friend recently purchased the zenphone 2 ( 15k )... The camera seems to be improved after the updates.
Can't confirm about heating as of now.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Thats wishful thinking at best, an update wont magically make something good.. it is the camera's sensor that is the culprit, a better driver will not improve the quality

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION]: Glad to hear that u got the refund finally.

that Google Play 905 is not the device fault its the google play issue.

Solution:
If you are receiving Error 905 when trying to download or install an application from Google Play, please try the following:
> Go to the Settings menu on your Android device
> Go to Applications
> Select "Manage Applications" or "Application Manager"
> Select "Google Play Store". If you do not see it check the "All" tab.
> Select "Uninstall Updates"

This will revert the Google Play Store to an older version. When you start the Google Play Store again you will automatically download updates for newer versions of Google Play. After this process has finished, try installing the application you were having trouble with

One of my another friend owns Zenfone 2 and amazingly he's not facing any such problems mentioned by [MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION].

Exactly...my cousin also owns the Asus Zenfone 2 bought thru Flip Kart and faced no issues so far and camera quality is also good...he clicks on HDR mode mostly.

serves them right. im gradually beginning to spread my purchases over to Amazon.in. Three purchases so far, and its been good.
Amazon is much better than FlipKart and Snapdeal
Amazon >> Snapdeal >> FlipKart

Last edited:
Top Bottom