Asus Zenfone 2 review

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
[MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION] [MENTION=126473]theserpent[/MENTION] Yeah I was also overwhelmed about the pic quality of Z5

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
My experiences. Mine is a 4GB model.

Camera. Well I am yet to see an android phone with a good camera. All looks dull to me. So give you that.
No video playback issues for me. Only played a 1080p trailer clip.
No heating issue. Granted my phone is just on standby. Perhaps that's why.
Gaming. Never ever plan to game.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
My experiences. Mine is a 4GB model.

Camera. Well I am yet to see an android phone with a good camera. All looks dull to me. So give you that.
No video playback issues for me. Only played a 1080p trailer clip.
No heating issue. Granted my phone is just on standby. Perhaps that's why.
Gaming. Never ever plan to game.

Yours is worldwide model. I am hearing from some source that Indian specific sets have all kind of problems. I have one friend in Bangladesh he got it from Malaysia and his phone have no problem. I never plan to game as well but I am just checking as I heard that issue from some guys.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Hmm.

I was under the impression the 4Gig model is shown in flipkart too. I even got some type of alert. No sure which model it was. Anyways I only see the Nokia 640 XL LTE Dual Sim as a worthy opponent for this phone. That's just me.

If anyone really wants a high end Dual sim, Note 4 Duos. Beast. Enuff Said.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hmm.

I was under the impression the 4Gig model is shown in flipkart too. I even got some type of alert. No sure which model it was. Anyways I only see the Nokia 640 XL LTE Dual Sim as a worthy opponent for this phone. That's just me.

If anyone really wants a high end Dual sim, Note 4 Duos. Beast. Enuff Said.

Bro. I would have easily live up with the bad camera but how can I use this phone that having so much of problem. Yes, you are right Nokia phones are rock solid.
I really miss those Nokia N series :(

funskar

Padawan
So zenfone 2 out of butdget smartfones as they are having so much of issue..
[MENTION=52310]Tenida[/MENTION]

Nokia:-(

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Look at the permission
*i.imgur.com/TMDQFaN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Blfb3o1.jpg
*i.imgur.com/6lm5aov.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Now getting new problem. Sim slot 2 sometimes getting deactivated for sometime

it should have another permission..

TAKE YOUR BLOOD

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Now guys an update:
Lately flipkart service center guys ask me to install a app called smartchk. Remote app to check the phone.
Yesterday they called to check the phone as usual they didn't find any problem wow. I mean how they check the phone thoroughly? For this you need to see physically right?
Anyway they asking me to go the Asus Service center wow, then what about the 30days guarantee. Totally frustrated by this. I think I have to sell it on olx/quikr cannot use this phone anymore.
Btw its high time that we switch back to Amazon. Flipkart has imposed this non-sense checking system so that no one can get a replacement or refund.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Now guys an update:
Lately flipkart service center guys ask me to install a app called smartchk. Remote app to check the phone.
Yesterday they called to check the phone as usual they didn't find any problem wow. I mean how they check the phone thoroughly? For this you need to see physically right?
Anyway they asking me to go the Asus Service center wow, then what about the 30days guarantee. Totally frustrated by this. I think I have to sell it on olx/quikr cannot use this phone anymore.
Btw its high time that we switch back to Amazon. Flipkart has imposed this non-sense checking system so that no one can get a replacement or refund.

True.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
They replied this message:

I
would like to inform you that according to our smart check troubleshooting there is no defect in the phone.

Request you to visit to the service centre and in case they find any defect with the device, kindly help us with the job sheet for the further assistance.

Hope this helps!
Will visit the service then. And how they will provide jobsheet if I don't give the phone to them?

radiking

Right off the assembly line
Heating issues is there with any phone u buy not sure about iPhone though..I installed du battery and my heating issues solved ...or battery doctor which ever u like ...extends my battery life and also does a good job with keeping my phone clean..so give it a go if u still have problem ..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
just to be clear, on what issues are you replacing the phone?

heating and music player lagging, or is there any other defect?

- - - Updated - - -

and certainly, fcuk flipkart.

they are acting like d!cks nowadays.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
just to be clear, on what issues are you replacing the phone?

heating and music player lagging, or is there any other defect?

- - - Updated - - -

and certainly, fcuk flipkart.

they are acting like d!cks nowadays.
Yes true man. Do you know when I said heating issue? He said all android phone have that. WTF. Do android phone have heating issue near earphone or earpiece? And another thing he said contact the brand when I said game are not downloading. Its good that I faced this issue otherwise would have purchased something bigger than this.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess those are just software bugs

Whether its hardware or software but they should refund or replace as I am facing problem right? I can proved that as well.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
in that case haul it to the ASC asap.

i can live with a faulty product, but not with arrogant service guys asserting their half a$$ knowledge.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
in that case haul it to the ASC asap.

i can live with a faulty product, but not with arrogant service guys asserting their half a$$ knowledge.

ASC means?
Yes, I can easily sell it at Quikr/olx at loss but I will just put a hole on the flipkart's image.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Authorised Service center

Why sell at a steep loss?

lower price by 500, and put up on Erodov/IndianVideoGamer/TechEnclave/TDF :p

there will always be people who will buy something at a lower price.

keep in mind that in such forums people are usually tech aware, and know what they are buying.
Olx/quikr guys may or may not be so smart.

so know your buyer and negotiate hard. ;)

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Authorised Service center

Why sell at a steep loss?

lower price by 500, and put up on Erodov/IndianVideoGamer/TechEnclave/TDF :p

there will always be people who will buy something at a lower price.

keep in mind that in such forums people are usually tech aware, and know what they are buying.
Olx/quikr guys may or may not be so smart.

so know your buyer and negotiate hard. ;)
If they don't give the refund (I think they won't)
Will wait for the Firmware update from Asus. If nothing cure the bug, then will think where I should sell.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
*i.imgur.com/rWHWTmx.jpg

I got the phone from flipkart after waiting for long time. Asus created so much of hype about the phone so after it listed on the flipkart its gets out of stock. Asus Zenfone 2 comes with phone, charger and usb cable and its so unusual that earphone are not included as the price is not that cheap.

In this review I will only mention only about the negative aspect about the phone. As the most of the important aspect has problem in it.
Like:-
*Camera
* Heating Issue
* Video playback
*Gaming

Camera

Camera sample
*i.imgur.com/0BZWrRO.jpg
*i.imgur.com/qW4EsAJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/qpJ1YhO.jpg
*i.imgur.com/qpJ1YhO.jpg
*i.imgur.com/PDlZFRN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/5Ox1DCE.jpg
*i.imgur.com/yqbjv0m.jpg

Camera produces too much of noisy and grainy photographs in daylight as well in low light condition. I know you cannot get the quality like a high zoom cam or DSLR but neither like a Zenfone 2 cam. A 15thousand phone should be equiped with much better camera than this. As per as I know, the ZF2 comes with a Toshiba sensor which is not like a sony one. Anyway when you zoom in a photo, you will see somelthing like a pastel colour drawing .
And the flash is to bright and yellowish in color. It overexpose the subject at great extend. Totally disappointed by the quality.

Heating Issue
Yes, you heard it right. This phone has heating issue. It occurs when you do normal work like browsing, watch a movie or playing a small game. I downloaded Bus simulator from play store and played for 15 minutes and the temperature goes up to 45*Celsius. Wow Intel and Asus great work done. Yeah flagship killer phone.

Music Playback
Did you ever heard that music playback lagging when multitasking? no right. But this phone does. Music playback lagging for 2-3 sec while opening browser or chatting app. And the sound quality is not great either.

Gaming

*i.imgur.com/1FKud0b.jpg
*i.imgur.com/LIPz9DT.jpg
While downloading games like Asphalt 8 Airborne and GT racing 2 from playstore. I am getting a error 905 and cannot finished the installation. Tried many times but no success.

Video playback

Video and audio are not syncing at same time. Need to select Software mode in MX player to solve the issue. And while forwarding the video it getting shutter for few secs.

Sorry to hear that. But, cheap brands at cheap prices are always going to have problems. Also, there customer service is shitty to say the least. That's why I always buy known brand like Samsung, Sony or apple. True problems can occur there as well and they are a bit costly. But, there is peace of mind that they will atleast honor the warranty.

Regarding, your flipkart issue. I don't think any company would replace your mobile for software issue. They only do it for hardware issues. Also, it is possible that the software that they asked you to install might be just be assessing the same aspects through there app like remote assistance apps.

Although, I don't support those kind of things. But, from your explanation it is obvious that it's a software issue and in such a case only the manufacturer can help.
Android is a complex system and there are many ways and tweaks that can solve them. Try XDA forums. But those solutions work only for people who are more knowledgeable in those aspects(nerds).

I don't favor flipkart on the recent decessions of mobile apps, net neutrality and killing myntra(it have become app only site) after acquiring it.
But, on this particular issue, I dont think they are wrong. People always get into troubles with android software. But, practically if they would start to replace each and every mobile based on software problems then no mobile would sell.
And, Here only the original manufacturer can help you out.

Top Bottom