Asus Zenfone 2 review

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Sorry to hear that. But, cheap brands at cheap prices are always going to have problems. Also, there customer service is shitty to say the least. That's why I always buy known brand like Samsung, Sony or apple. True problems can occur there as well and they are a bit costly. But, there is peace of mind that they will atleast honor the warranty.

Although, I don't support those kind of things. But, from your explanation it is obvious that it's a software issue and in such a case only the manufacturer can help.
Android is a complex system and there are many ways and tweaks that can solve them. Try XDA forums. But those solutions work only for people who are more knowledgeable in those aspects(nerds).

I don't favor flipkart on the recent decessions of mobile apps, net neutrality and killing myntra(it have become app only site) after acquiring it.
But, on this particular issue, I dont think they are wrong. People always get into troubles with android software. But, practically if they would start to replace each and every mobile based on software problems then no mobile would sell.
And, Here only the original manufacturer can help you out.
What do mean by cheap brand man? Asus is not a cheap brand. And how your are so sure that hardware issues are not there? And who said to you that Asus will not honor the warranty? I am just trying to get the refund or replacement as its within the 30 days replacement/refund guarantee. And its your myth that good expensive mobile will come with better warranty. Asus is big brand and they are market leader in Computer peripheral don't use the word called cheap because its my damn hard earned money.

Apart from flipkart where did you seen remote app are used to diagonalized problem. I mean online shopping store. And how do so sure about that app authenticity. Its not there in the playstore as well not even mentioned on their main site. They cannot imposed a new rule overnight without even put a notice on their main site.

Last edited:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
What do mean by cheap brand man? Asus is not a cheap brand. And how your are so sure that hardware issue is not there? And who said to you that Asus will not honor the warranty? I am just trying to get the refund or replacement as its within the 30 days replacement/refund guarantee. And its your myth that good expensive mobile will come with better warranty. Asus is big brand and they are market leader in Computer peripheral don't use the word called cheap because its my damn hard earned money.

Buddy, I am not trying to undermine you. Its your hard earned money and I respect that.
I am just pointing out to the fact that asus is not at all considered a mobile company. Yes it is a big name in computer peripherals but it stands nowhere in the mobile phone market. Companies like xiomi, micromax, even asus all sell Chinese mobiles with there name on it. They don't even check there mobiles for faults before releasing. And thus it's imperative that faults and problems are bound to occur. This is not usually the case with known brands( in mobile arena) like Sony, Samsung, apple etc.

And basically, I am putting my judgement on your own description on whether the problem is software of hardware. 99% of times heating problem on android is software related as there are many apps that run in the background that tends to slow the mobile, heat it and reduce the battery. Install greenify and see if that helps.

It also seems that your music and videos also were lagging either because something was already running in the background. Or proper codecs were not installed to play those particular formats.

Your third problem as you pointed out with Camera grainy pics and videos. Well adjust the camera settings and see if that makes a difference or not. This too is a software issue or asus had cut corners by not providing a good camera module in the whole line up itself.

In all these things a retailer can not do anything. As he is not responsible for the original product specifications and software that is provided by default from the manufacturer.
Flipkart or any other retailer might only replace or refund your product if you received a broken product, if the specifications and details are different then what is mentioned on there site or its a counterfiet product.

If they don't meet the above criteria then it's on there own discretion whether to replace it or not.

You would have to yourself prove that it's a hardware issue by taking it to the original manufacturer.

You can curse them as much as you want. But, you just can't get a refund if the product that you bought is not upto your expectations given that all the details and specs mentioned on there site are correct and you have not received a DOA or broken product.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I just want put some important point:
1) Asus is nowhere in mobile industry but future can be like of Nokia. And as you know Nokia was market leader few years ago and see there state now. And Asus don't do like a Micromax just re branding the device from other manufacture if so can you put some link?
2) And about you are so sure about the software issue in most of the android phone, do u know in yureka, Xiaomi mi4i the main SoC i.e. Snapdragon 615 is the culprit. Its called hardware issue right?

Anyway enough of discussion. I just to point out that Flipkart used to give replacement before but they just ignoring it now. Anyway you are right in your place so as me.
*i.imgur.com/K6rqf2i.jpg

My device may be a defective one anyway service center guy can tell me better.

Last edited:

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Sorry to hear that. But, cheap brands at cheap prices are always going to have problems. Also, there customer service is shitty to say the least. That's why I always buy known brand like Samsung, Sony or apple. True problems can occur there as well and they are a bit costly. But, there is peace of mind that they will atleast honor the warranty.

Really dude?? What on earth made you think that Asus is a cheap brand and Samsung, Sony, Apple are the premium brands. The latter companies you mentioned spend a lot of money on consumer awareness but that does not mean their product are better or premium.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Great man. On last mail I wrote, either you give me refund or don't disturb me anymore. Loss will yours as other e-commerce sites like Amazon and snapdeal are there :D

serves them right. im gradually beginning to spread my purchases over to Amazon.in. Three purchases so far, and its been good.

I have many freinds/family who own Zenphone 5 . Worst part--i was the one who recommended this phone to them. For some, like my sister in law, the phone is awesome. But for some, its crap. One girl's Zenphone 5 has serious battery issue. Dies before our university classes get over. Another problem is that the display lights up on its own at random. I even experimented by putting it in flight mode. As for camera most of my friends have same opinion, very very blurry pics, worse than Galaxy Grand.

Just becuase it has ASUS stamped over it, it doesnt make it quality product. Some of them works some of them dont. There is no consistency. Remember those cheap Chinese phones with TV functionality during the Nokia dumbphone era?? They cost like 3000 bucks, some lasted a week,some lasted for years. Thats the thing with Chinese maal,their reliability is inconsistent.

You wont face these problems in Crapple iPhones or Samshit Milkyways or StinGee G3s...

Asus products in their mobile phone dept are a hit or miss. The factories where Asus's hardwars products are built and mobile products are built are totally different. Dont forget the horrible history of Asus. Remember those shitty Padphones???

Thanks to Asus Zenphone,i have stopped recommending ppl cellphones. This phone has ruinned my reputation of "expert tech advisor"

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I have many freinds/family who own Zenphone 5 . Worst part--i was the one who recommended this phone to them. For some, like my sister in law, the phone is awesome. But for some, its crap. One girl's Zenphone 5 has serious battery issue. Dies before our university classes get over. Another problem is that the display lights up on its own at random. I even experimented by putting it in flight mode. As for camera most of my friends have same opinion, very very blurry pics, worse than Galaxy Grand.

Just becuase it has ASUS stamped over it, it doesnt make it quality product. Some of them works some of them dont. There is no consistency. Remember those cheap Chinese phones with TV functionality during the Nokia dumbphone era?? They cost like 3000 bucks, some lasted a week,some lasted for years. Thats the thing with Chinese maal,their reliability is inconsistent.

You wont face these problems in Crapple iPhones or Samshit Milkyways or StinGee G3s...

Asus products in their mobile phone dept are a hit or miss. The factories where Asus's hardwars products are built and mobile products are built are totally different. Dont forget the horrible history of Asus. Remember those shitty Padphones???

Thanks to Asus Zenphone,i have stopped recommending ppl cellphones. This phone has ruinned my reputation of "expert tech advisor"
You are bashing all.the reputed brands. I hope you are not a micromax fan??

And.just to be clear, I use z5. Its great till now. So asus gets the benefit of doubt till now.

No issues on my phone.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I was referring to the my phone has no issues part. He says he has recommended and caused 5 people to buy it. Out of which his sister has good experience like you and 3 others are having problems. So his sample size is also bigger and more number of people in it have isssues. Ultimately he concluded that ZenPhone has quality control issues which seems to be the right conclusion to draw.

Ronnie012

Earthling
Zenfone 2 shoul've been an improvement over the 5...seems like Zenfone 5 is still miles ahead of its successor.

Neo

This review is greatly biased. I have used Zenfone 2 and it didn't have any of the problems mentioned, save for a few.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
This review is greatly biased. I have used Zenfone 2 and it didn't have any of the problems mentioned, save for a few.

LOL. You own one or just used for few hours? And if your set has no problem then good for you and be happy.

Last edited:
doesnt seem like praise or anything else..
Dude, i give funny names to all brands, because i am not a big fan of these MNCs. Most of us are like that right??
I am using LG G2 as of now. And i did call it "StinGee". I have never owned a Micromax. I have never owned a Zenfone, but i have seen and handled them a lot,so i have decent experience about them.

Speaking of my LG phone, i have seen several forums where people are talking **** aboiut their LG G2. They put up photo samples and talk about it problems. I dont have the problems they have.

So if people ask me: how is LG G2 camera, i will say

"camera is pretty good for the most part, auto focusing speed is pretty poor for a flagahip,so day to day on-the-spot picture capturing will be a problem. If you want the best result,dont use the Auto function. Many people are facing this blurry image problem,and for a normal casual person looking for good photo results 9 out of 10 times, i would recommend phones like iPhone 5/6 or LG G3 or Samsung S6 since these phones have fast camera shutter speed at auto, and you will get consistant result.."

Instead of saying...

" FANBOY MODE ON --OMG My LG G2 Phone Camera IS AWESOME IT KICKS THE CRAP OUTTA 2015 FLAGSHIPS, ITS DA BEST BCUZ I OWN IT"-- FANBOY MODE OFF

When people leave their reviews,i always ignore the ones that focuses only on the good part. Its human nature and the buyer's remorse syndrome which makes most user reviews biased. I cared to prod through this thread because it has a user review with a good criticial viewpoint

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i completely agree :)

and that fanboy thing is awesome :D

Dude, i give funny names to all brands, because i am not a big fan of these MNCs. Most of us are like that right??
I am using LG G2 as of now. And i did call it "StinGee". I have never owned a Micromax. I have never owned a Zenfone, but i have seen and handled them a lot,so i have decent experience about them.

Speaking of my LG phone, i have seen several forums where people are talking **** aboiut their LG G2. They put up photo samples and talk about it problems. I dont have the problems they have.

So if people ask me: how is LG G2 camera, i will say

"camera is pretty good for the most part, auto focusing speed is pretty poor for a flagahip,so day to day on-the-spot picture capturing will be a problem. If you want the best result,dont use the Auto function. Many people are facing this blurry image problem,and for a normal casual person looking for good photo results 9 out of 10 times, i would recommend phones like iPhone 5/6 or LG G3 or Samsung S6 since these phones have fast camera shutter speed at auto, and you will get consistant result.."

Instead of saying...

" FANBOY MODE ON --OMG My LG G2 Phone Camera IS AWESOME IT KICKS THE CRAP OUTTA 2015 FLAGSHIPS, ITS DA BEST BCUZ I OWN IT"-- FANBOY MODE OFF

When people leave their reviews,i always ignore the ones that focuses only on the good part. Its human nature and the buyer's remorse syndrome which makes most user reviews biased. I cared to prod through this thread because it has a user review with a good criticial viewpoint

- - - Updated - - -

i completely agree again :)
I was referring to the my phone has no issues part. He says he has recommended and caused 5 people to buy it. Out of which his sister has good experience like you and 3 others are having problems. So his sample size is also bigger and more number of people in it have isssues. Ultimately he concluded that ZenPhone has quality control issues which seems to be the right conclusion to draw.

Top Bottom