ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM291D vs LENOVO Y5070-59441760 vs Dell Inspiron 5548

D

Deleted member 118788

Hey there,

I am looking to purchase a new laptop for me. What do you suggest out of the listed models in the thread title?

Asus ROG GL552JX DM291D Core I7 4750HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graphics | eBay

Lenovo Y5070 59441760 Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Fullhd 2GB GTX 960M GDDR5 | eBay

Dell Inspiron 5548 I7 5th GEN 8GB 1TB 8GB SSD 15 6 FHD Touch 4GB Graph | eBay

All of the laptops are from the same seller. I am also open to suggestions. Please let me know if anything else is more better in this price range.

Dell has the weakest CPU & GPU
Lenovo is the best performer, followed closely by ASUS

Some other things:
- ASUS one has 7200rpm HDD & additional M2 slot, Y50 doesn't have any additional slot, i think
- Lenovo has TN display according to the listing, so inferior to ASUS's display
- Lenovo is lighter than ASUS

So get one among Lenovo n ASUS

Note: I suppose you need a gaming laptop, so i'm neglecting Dell...

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

Some other things:
- ASUS one has 7200rpm HDD & additional M2 slot, Y50 doesn't have any additional slot, i think

Both are TN panels.
Asus build quality >> Lenovo

So here's the deal-
1. If you have the definte use of 960m like gaming or even GPU accelerated stuff get Lenovo.

Medium gamer,vouch for build quality get Asus.

Note you can swap out both displays to 1080p ips for ~$80.

Add a SSD preferably 256 GB.
SATA III 2.5" offers better performance than M.2.

You have to buy a 4 GB RAM stick.~1.6k
Ripjaws 1600mhz 11-11-11-28

or Corsair Value Select @amazon for 1.9k

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Some other things:

Both are TN panels.
Asus build quality >> Lenovo

So here's the deal-
1. If you have the definte use of 960m like gaming or even GPU accelerated stuff get Lenovo.

Medium gamer,vouch for build quality get Asus.

Note you can swap out both displays to 1080p ips for ~$80.

Add a SSD preferably 256 GB.
SATA III 2.5" offers better performance than M.2.

You have to buy a 4 GB RAM stick.~1.6k
Ripjaws 1600mhz 11-11-11-28

or Corsair Value Select @amazon for 1.9k

Thank you for the reply. I will not be gaming at all on my laptop as I have a good PC rig for gaming plus laptop gaming is not my taste. The most important thing for me is build quality + performance + good display. Where I can upgrade the display? Will Macbook be a good option since I am only purchasing the laptop for work usage? What do you all suggest?

Thank you for the reply. I will not be gaming at all on my laptop as I have a good PC rig for gaming plus laptop gaming is not my taste. The most important thing for me is build quality + performance + good display. Where I can upgrade the display? Will Macbook be a good option since I am only purchasing the laptop for work usage? What do you all suggest?

For no gaming you don't need those laptops, ASUS or Lenovo (What are you planning to do with such high performance? )

I will say, get an i5 + FHD display laptop, swap out HDD for SSD(256GB) [Put the HDD in place of DVD drive with proper connectors n all or make it an ext HDD]
If so, look at HP ab031tx
HP Pavilion 15-ab031TX Notebook (M2W74PA) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1- 2GB Graphics) (White) - Buy HP Pavilion 15-ab031TX Notebook (M2W74PA) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Windows
You will get ADP in India. Also being a ULV CPU, it will give better battery life than other 2

I personally don't think that you will hate the display of ASUS(if its TN then you might)...
For changing display cheaply, you'll have to import it & install it yourself/ask service centre guys to do it

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

For no gaming you don't need those laptops, ASUS or Lenovo (What are you planning to do with such high performance? )

I will say, get an i5 + FHD display laptop, swap out HDD for SSD(256GB) [Put the HDD in place of DVD drive with proper connectors n all or make it an ext HDD]
If so, look at HP ab031tx
HP Pavilion 15-ab031TX Notebook (M2W74PA) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1- 2GB Graphics) (White) - Buy HP Pavilion 15-ab031TX Notebook (M2W74PA) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Windows
You will get ADP in India. Also being a ULV CPU, it will give better battery life than other 2

I personally don't think that you will hate the display of ASUS(if its TN then you might)...
For changing display cheaply, you'll have to import it & install it yourself/ask service centre guys to do it

I do somewhat agree with you. I was looking at the gaming laptops due to their better build quality and heat dissipation.

Thank you guys for all your advice. I will be doing more research and will make my purchase.

Your point being??? :-?

Advertising???
My point being that its available unlike the posted my OP which is unavailable
My point being there is an IPS model for Y50 70 making it the best real gaming laptop under Rs 1 lakh in India (DDR3 based cards are useless)
My point being its priced competitively to its rivals listed by OP
My point being you can stop being a smarta$$

My post gave some meaningful info, while yours simple wasted bandwidth

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
My point being that its available unlike the posted my OP which is unavailable
My point being there is an IPS model for Y50 70 making it the best real gaming laptop under Rs 1 lakh in India (DDR3 based cards are useless)
My point being its priced competitively to its rivals listed by OP
My point being you can stop being a smarta$$

My post gave some meaningful info, while yours simple wasted bandwidth
+1000

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: if u will not game on these laptop then don't waste 60k on it...instead get a cheaper laptop which will service your main purpose.

recently i was doing R&D for a gaming laptop for my frnd and found that MSI is better brand in terms of availability,performance though a bit costlier than ASUS but still excellent

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

@OP: if u will not game on these laptop then don't waste 60k on it...instead get a cheaper laptop which will service your main purpose.

recently i was doing R&D for a gaming laptop for my frnd and found that MSI is better brand in terms of availability,performance though a bit costlier than ASUS but still excellent

Agreed. I had skipped the purchase of a new laptop and used my brother's old laptop for travel. I feel I did right by saving money. :)

Top Bottom