ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM087D, Core i7-4720HQ, vs HP ENVY Touch 15-k008TX-4th Gen Core i7

Dr. House

No Regrets
MacBook is only good if running Mac OS.
Once you try to install Windows it's awful.
Most applications support Windows first and later Mac.
So getting and i5 with 120 GB Hard disk for 60-70k is a haywire option.

What is the need of installing pathetic windows OS on such a great machine? Macs are best known for their reliability, security and multi-tasking. Most of the productive applications support Mac then windows and there are tools to run windows app in that too. Your point is invalid.
A month ago snapdeal was selling latest macbook pro retina for an amazing price of 69.5k. Now it's best available for 75k on paytm.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus the base model comes with 128GB Solid State Drive not the Hard Disk as you think. :-?

[MENTION=127850]anupam[/MENTION]
Kunal has both, the asus and y510p. So, i asked about the display quality comparison.

He said, "I have Y510p and I see a vast difference between 1080p panels on both of them."

I too own the y500 and have felt that:

1. Y500 glossy panel is better than matte y510p in terms of display quality except reflections as it is glossy.
2. Y50 matte panel is miles behind my y500 or even y510p matte.

I wanted to know if the display on asus is better than what?

IamMrH

Broken In
Even worse option.

Guys just go to local authorised Asus dealer. Ask him for a quote. If within 65k pull the trigger or get from Garg Enterprises Ebay.

Those whi buy from Garg-
Those who wish to game
-Upgrade 4 GB RAM 2k

If you can spend 3-5 k more-
-Best Budget M.2 SSD -Transcend M.2 2280 MTS 800 120 Gigs -$62

OR

-Best long life M.2 SSD Crucial MX200-$70

OR

-Best SSD Samsung 850 Evo M.2 2280
-$80

Be very careful of SSD because this lappy supports SATA only and not PCIe so buy the above listed only.

Is the products link below are compatible with ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM087D ?

8 GB RAM - Transcend 8GB 1600 MHZ or Corsair Value Select 8GB 1600MHZ

If i add 8 GB RAM now (4+8= 12 GB) will it affect the performance ? if so is it a deal breaker if there is no dual channel memory advantage ? i m going to use it for Photoshop & premiere.

SSD

120 GB - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III or Transcend SSD370S 128GB

Or Should i go for 256 GB as i will have to install software like Premiere/AVID/Photos which needs more cache disk space ?

256 GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III or Transcend Information 256 GB SATA III 6Gb/s

- - - Updated - - -

Also is it possible to change the keys on the keyboard ? Thai language present in the keys are too distracting. how much will it cost ?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Is the products link below are compatible with ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM087D ?

If i add 8 GB RAM now (4+8= 12 GB) will it affect the performance ? if so is it a deal breaker if there is no dual channel memory advantage ? i m going to use it for Photoshop & premiere.

SSD

120 GB - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III or Transcend SSD370S 128GB

Or Should i go for 256 GB as i will have to install software like Premiere/AVID/Photos which needs more cache disk space ?

256 GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III or Transcend Information 256 GB SATA III 6Gb/s

- - - Updated - - -

Also is it possible to change the keys on the keyboard ? Thai language present in the keys are too distracting. how much will it cost ?

I am unaware of 12 GB combo but any Ddr3L 1600mhz will work.

Get 256 GB SSD.
Put the HDD in an enclosure of USB3.0
Or install in Caddy Bay(Not sure how to)

Samsung > Kingston

If you install HDD in caddy bay go with 120 GB or else 256 GB

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz

Transcend After Sales Service is pathetic and lots of fake Transcend RAM are being sold online.I believe a forum member had this issue.

IamMrH

Broken In
Great ! Many thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Transcend After Sales Service is pathetic and lots of fake Transcend RAM are being sold online.I believe a forum member had this issue.

Will order it from Primeabgb or Golcha.

- - - Updated - - -

is the power supply of thai & india are same ? if not should i use any adapter.

one of my cousin's laptop (US) mobo got fried and the service guy said its due to the power differences.

Gagan Gera

Journeyman
Great ! Many thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Will order it from Primeabgb or Golcha.

- - - Updated - - -

is the power supply of thai & india are same ? if not should i use any adapter.

one of my cousin's laptop (US) mobo got fried and the service guy said its due to the power differences.

Its same

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I am thinking about buying this Asus laptop... Where can I buy it from at the minimum price??? Through eBay at Garg enterprises??? Any coupons that are applicable??? :-?

IamMrH

Broken In
I am thinking about buying this Asus laptop... Where can I buy it from at the minimum price??? Through eBay at Garg enterprises??? Any coupons that are applicable??? :-?

Indian Version is available here.

If you want to save 10k buy it from garg ebay. Coupon codes cannot be applied on it.

- - - Updated - - -

also i noticed that the RAM config is (from CPU-Z):

DIMM # 1
SMBus address 0x50
Memory type DDR3
Module format SO-DIMM
Manufacturer (ID) Hyundai Electronics (AD000000000000000000)
Size 4096 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part number HMT451S6BFR8A-PB
Serial number 0022CA3F
Manufacturing date Week 10/Year 15
Number of banks 8
Nominal Voltage 1.35 Volts
EPP no
XMP no
AMP no

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Indian Version is available here.

If you want to save 10k buy it from garg ebay. Coupon codes cannot be applied on it.

- - - Updated - - -

also i noticed that the RAM config is (from CPU-Z):

DIMM #1
SMBus address0x50
Memory typeDDR3
Module formatSO-DIMM
Manufacturer (ID)Hyundai Electronics (AD000000000000000000)
Size4096 MBytes
Max bandwidthPC3-12800 (800 MHz)
Part numberHMT451S6BFR8A-PB
Serial number0022CA3F
Manufacturing dateWeek 10/Year 15
Number of banks8
Nominal Voltage1.35 Volts
EPPno
XMPno
AMPno
Could you post the eBay link??? I am having some trouble finding it... Does the imported version have warranty in India???

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
So I found two models with same specifications being sold by Garg Enterprises on ebay at different prices:

Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graphics | eBay

Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graphics | eBay

Which one to buy???

Top Bottom