ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM087D, Core i7-4720HQ, vs HP ENVY Touch 15-k008TX-4th Gen Core i7

skeletor13th

Broken In
I have myself bought the Asus gl552x laptop from the garg enterprise via Ebay. Well gentlemen, i like to live on the edge so yeah, I still haven't registered it. This is my first laptop so believe me when i say this, i get a huge boner whenever i boot it up. Previously i had a 10 year old Compaq PC. How it served me for 10 years without causing any major problems, still makes me wonder.

I am not an expert of laptops but this laptop is amazing. I don't have any issue with the display either. I use it like a desktop without the battery. Today i plugged the battery back after 10 days and it still had 85% charge. Though i read it on the interwebz that the optimum battery level for storing purpose should be 40-60%.

The courier ARAMAX is shiity though.Those fukers had my laptop at the local center for 3 days but didn't deliver it. Finally i got the address from their Delhi office and went there to get it myself. They didn't even had any signboard either, it took me 1 hour in the scorching heat to find the actual place.

The guys at garg ent. are also very lazy in replying queries via emails unless you have paid them in advance. That why [MENTION=319165]Sagar9[/MENTION] check your PM. I have send you a screenshot of their contact number from the invoice which came with the laptop.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@All who have been asking about the display

The display is not that good. Actually, I have been spoilt by the gorgeous IPS display of my previous Y500 and compared to that, this looks pathetic!
Washed out colors and bad viewing angles but then, you can't ask more from a non-IPS display... It's among the better TN displays but if you had been using an IPS display before, you are gonna be disappointed.

Assassini

Broken In
My delivery Deadline is today.What should i do if it is not shipped by midnight and if the seller doesn't contact me for extension,should i ask for Refund?:-?

Sagar9

Right off the assembly line
My delivery Deadline is today.What should i do if it is not shipped by midnight and if the seller doesn't contact me for extension,should i ask for Refund?:-?

Did you speak to Ebay? why are they calling Garg their best reseller ? if this is the best (someone whose phone is switched off and not responding not shipping products whats the worst then?? LOL

Understand how much time will it take for a refund . I booked cnoo9h model on a store called LT online store (Mumbai) my boy!!! they screwed my life for 15 days at last after a lot of struggle got back my money (with a deduction of 1300).They were better they would answer my call . looks like I am into something same again :( .

Before you cancel check..
1)Will you get back 100%
2)How much time it may further take for shipment (if shipment takes 2 more days and the refund 15 days I would still wait 2 more days before cancelling especially when their is no real alternative but have the seller give you something in written)
3) why was the product not shipped on time :)

I feel like taking ASUS to the court WHY ON EARTH will they need months together to bring a product back to market?? if that is the case why did they announce it in india ?

Assassini

Broken In
Finally my order got shipped.
On that note ,I was wondering if I should add 8 GB RAM or 4GB?
I mean does 4+8 GB scale up well? Or should I go for 4+4 only?
And which RAM do you suggest crucial or G skill Ripjaws?

IamMrH

Broken In
Just got the delivery of 16GB RAM (2x8GB)

Here is the pic of Old RAM & the New RAM.

IMG_20150820_212222748.jpg

IMG_20150820_212327551.jpg

Next SSD

IMG_20150820_211738992.jpg

Sagar9

OK looks like the original Thailand bill is missing .Spoke to Garg where do we usually find

Sagar9

@All who have been asking about the display

The display is not that good. Actually, I have been spoilt by the gorgeous IPS display of my previous Y500 and compared to that, this looks pathetic!
Washed out colors and bad viewing angles but then, you can't ask more from a non-IPS display... It's among the better TN displays but if you had been using an IPS display before, you are gonna be disappointed.

Ok so .. I am used to a fantastic (mind blowing) display on my LG G pro2 and the display on Asus DM087d is really disappointing . Infact the display on my old phillips LCD monitor is lot better.

Question :- cn009h has IPS display can we replace the screen with IPS display of that model??

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Ok so .. I am used to a fantastic (mind blowing) display on my LG G pro2 and the display on Asus DM087d is really disappointing . Infact the display on my old phillips LCD monitor is lot better.

Question :- cn009h has IPS display can we replace the screen with IPS display of that model??
Will like to know this too!!!

IamMrH

Broken In
IAMMRH@ looks like mine is shipping as well .. what is the warranty on this RAM and do we have local service centres?

Warranty is not an issue with GSKILL RAMs.It comes with Lifetime warranty.

Bought it from here (Link). Shipping took a lot of time (10 days). If you are in mumbai go pick it up.

- - - Updated - - -

+1. And how much will it cost ?

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Warranty is not an issue with GSKILL RAMs.It comes with Lifetime warranty.

Bought it from here (Link). Shipping took a lot of time (10 days). If you are in mumbai go pick it up.

- - - Updated - - -

+1. And how much will it cost ?

Search screens here:

*www.laptopscreen.com/

Top Bottom