[Query] Asus mobo RMA

bludash

Mark your Mark
Hi, I submitted my Asus motherboard for RMA last week, I need to
know in RMA do they replace the mobo or repair it as they told me today that they are waiting for components. Also plz let me know about experience at digicomp, lamington road.

saswat23

Human Spambot
If its possible to get it repaired then they will repair it. If repair is not possible, they will replace your mobo.

OP
B

bludash

Mark your Mark
Thanks for your reply....is there a standard sla for the RMA procedure with asus....:Fingerx:.......like how many days they wait to get it repaired and then replace the same????

saswat23

Human Spambot
That depends on your Service Center.
For me, both the times I submitted my mobo, it took around 2 months.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I wanted to know something. Is there any way I can check warranty of my motherboard? Because I have an old Asus P5Q Deluxe board lying around, the problem is no display is coming. I want to send it to RMA but I am unsure of the warranty it has.

OP
B

bludash

Mark your Mark
@ rajnusker you can send an email to techsupport@asus.com with the serial number....they will let you know the manufacturing date. The warranty for mobos is 3 years for normal or 5 years for high end depending on location and warranty is from the date of manufacturing

OP
B

bludash

Mark your Mark
Digicomp says my mobo is dead and cannnot be repaired they have offered me an option of either taking a refurbished mobo or take a new cross platform board, the new mother board is H61 chipset 1150 socket. I know I should go for the new mobo but the problem is I will have to buy a new processor that will set me back by at least Rs.7000. Please let me know what should I do.
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
B

bludash

Mark your Mark
Hi ppl, I am sorry to start a new thread but my old thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/177949-asus-mobo-rma.html was not getting any reply hence this new thread.

Digicomp gave me an option either to take a refurbished mobo same model or they were giving me a H61 chipset motherboard. If I took the new board I had to buy a new proccy too, Hence I took the refurbished board, they tested the same and showed me the board booting into the bios. I brought the board home and now the board does not give any display just says no signal detected....the same problem which was with my old mobo. Please let me know can I go and ask them to replace the mobo with the new H61 they were giving me before or they will just try to repair this one.
PS: I have a brand new PSU now CX430 and the PSU works with the second setup I have, I have also checked the RAM with a different pc and it works without any problems.

BIKeINSTEIN

Broken In
Hi ppl, I am sorry to start a new thread but my old thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/177949-asus-mobo-rma.html was not getting any reply hence this new thread.

Digicomp gave me an option either to take a refurbished mobo same model or they were giving me a H61 chipset motherboard. If I took the new board I had to buy a new proccy too, Hence I took the refurbished board, they tested the same and showed me the board booting into the bios. I brought the board home and now the board does not give any display just says no signal detected....the same problem which was with my old mobo. Please let me know can I go and ask them to replace the mobo with the new H61 they were giving me before or they will just try to repair this one.
PS: I have a brand new PSU now CX430 and the PSU works with the second setup I have, I have also checked the RAM with a different pc and it works without any problems.
Submit back to service centre and post RMA details here. :)

Top Bottom