Xeltos

Right off the assembly line
I have an pc with following config.
AMD x2 3800+
ASUS M2A-VM motherboard.
ATI Xpress 1250 onboard graphics.
1gb Ram
AMD duel core optimizer installed.

I played Prince of persia triology without any problem. also completed Far Cry(1) at 1024x768 res.
But I cant run DOOM3 or Heroes of Might and Magic at lowest resolution.
DOOM 3 gives a descent 2-3 fps slide show.
Heroes of might and magic lags soo much it nearly becomes a slide show.
like Imagine getting into a very small fight and coming out of it takes like 15 mins. usually in this fight it gets over in 3-5 minutes. I need a way our without upgrading. cause if Far cry can run at 1024*768 then why doom/HOMM can't run at 640*480(shitty resolution but still playable)?

About DOOM 3 I didnt mind to get a new game even started. In main menu only the mouse was moving soooo slow that getting it to the exit button took about 2 minutes hadn't seen this much lag before.

Last edited:

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
Really strange.....it can handle Doom3 easily....plz check out some old reviews of motherboard...

OP
Xeltos

Xeltos

Really strange.....it can handle Doom3 easily....plz check out some old reviews of motherboard...

Where can I find those reviews?
Also I have recently updated my Graphics drivers to 9.3 2009 release
Still Heroes of Might and magic runs terribly. havent tried DOOM3 yet.

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/432/10
It says It is Impossible to play it.

On Quake 4 the on-board video provided by AMD 690G was faster than the one provided by Radeon Xpress 1100 (10.20%) and than the one provided by GeForce 6100-405 (29.69%). But this really means nothing, as you won’t be able to play Quake 4 (or Doom 3) with the on-board video provided by this motherboard: even with image quality set to low we could only reach 8.5 frames per second.

There is a video on youtube playing crysis on X1250 onboard graphics.
Also why I was able to play Far Cry on It?

Last edited:

Orionz

I Can understand wht u mean.........getting very low FPS maybe 1-2-2-3...????
but some monts ago......year really...i have read that board was handling Hell Gate To Londone game with around 15-17 FPS n Doom3 Was also Playable let me search
stuff on this
.Read on following site
*ixbtlabs.com/articles2/mainboard/asus-m2a-vm-690g.html

Orionz

And as per your wish to play crysis on this board........i dnt want to say but it is not possible....even 780G board with onboard HD3200 Graphics controller cant do this job
you have to add another Graphics card to play Crysis.
.But if you still want to play games with IGP i will suggest you to increase the amount of RAM
min 2GB.....as well as upgrade your CPU my all time Fev is Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3Ghz..2MB L2)
this CPU was a King of its time............

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Once for benchmark purpose, i tried Crysis demo on M2A VM, and it ran @ 800*600 with avg fps at 10~12, but still not much playable.
Doom3 aint that heavy game for sure, as my old 7600GT cud play it at 1280 with Ultra high.
Try tweaking the ATI driver setings to disable every effects for max performance outaa it.

Orionz

after long time Mr.praka123 first of all how u doin......
it can handle doom3 with ease

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Mr.praka?
has he been unbanned? i dun think so
btw if u mistook me for him..sorry
im also one of his frens waiting for his unban:-(

OP
Xeltos

Xeltos

I dont wish to play crysis. I wish to play Doom 3 and Heroes of might and magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom