Asus Laptop

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
hi guys,

I was looking for a laptop with a budget of 40K when i came across this model of Asus (A43SV-VX134R).
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks- ASUS A43SV

I am getting this for 43.5K and i am ready to pay the extra bucks for the configuration its providing me.

Specifications
Processor Intel® Core™ i5 2410M 2.3 GHz Processor
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic
Memory DDR3 1333(O.C.) MHz SDRAM, 6 GB
Display 14.0" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight
Graphic NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M 2GB DDR3 VRAM
Storage 500GB 5400rpm
Optical Drive Super-Multi DVD
Camera 0.3 Mega Pixel web camera
Networking
Note 1-Year Global On-Site* Warranty

What do u guys think about this laptop?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DV6 Series Dv4 - 3016tx: Computer
2GB less RAM
50% better Graphic card.

Much better for gaming.

OP
Kulz

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
Thanks for the link. I checked out a couple of sites comparing the two cards, and i too found the ATI card to be providing comparatively better performance. But i had a 'not very good' history with HP and Dell laptops, so did not want to invest in these.
Another thing is that i basically need the laptop for using photoshop and some virtualization softwares like virtual box etc.

compare AMD Radeon HD 6750M and 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M - Tech Support Forums - TechIMO.com

The above thread says that NVDIA is a better performer than ATI in softwares like photoshop due to better GPU rendering support for them over ATI.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Kulz, why dont you post your requirement. You asked us our opinion about some laptop, Ishu pointed out a better one in the same price point. If you dont mention your requirement, we can not be specific.
So, please post your requirement clearly. It will be helpful for us to suggest you.

If you are not into gaming, the ASUS laptop is good. But I dont know about ASUS service. I heard some real bad comments about their A.S.S in India from other forum members(for mainboard and graphics cards mainly). Please check that part before making any decision.

red dragon

Master troll
^^FYI Asus now provides on site service in most cities.You are no more dependent on whims of Rashi Peripherals.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The above thread says that NVDIA is a better performer than ATI in softwares like photoshop due to better GPU rendering support for them over ATI.
hardly makes any difference. The processor matters for Photoshop filters. Adobe also incorporates support GPU rendering for AMD/ATi cards too.

Go for the card which gives you better FPS.

OP
Kulz

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
Ya, sorry for the confusion that i did not post my requirements specificly. I am just a casual gamer and play games like Counter strike and NFS. So i am not looking for the laptop as a gamer.

And as i mentioned earlier that i don't want to invest in Dell and Hp, so i checked out Asus as i heard that its performance is good. About its service, as Red dragon mentioned, they provide onsite service now which i too confirmed with the customer care.

I just wanted to confirm whether its a good laptop or not? Whether it has some serious flaws which i might be overlooking. Checked the fps of both. Its has mixed review for different games, but i too found d ATI bit outperforming Nvidia. But considering my requirements, i hope i can overlook it.

OP
Kulz

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!
what about after sales service network of Asus ?

They provide onsite service in most of the cities. If not, as per they told me, they would make arrangements for shipping the laptop for service.

ASUS - Facilities and Branches

eagle_y2j

Youngling
They provide onsite service in most of the cities. If not, as per they told me, they would make arrangements for shipping the laptop for service.

ASUS - Facilities and Branches

if they in black and white agree that they would make arrangements for shipping the laptop for service than its ok but if not after sales services could be a trouble..

Top Bottom