[Query] ASUS GTX 580 DirectCu II Dead No POST, Signal keeps cutiing off etc.. RMA?

msaiashwin

Journeyman
I have a ASUS gtx 580 DirectCU II which I purchased in march 2011 along with my new system.

Config:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme, 2600k, 8GB Corsair vengeance, Corsair HX 850, Samsung 840 pro 256 GB...

Problem is sometimes the display keeps cutting off after boot in windows, and sometimes after a force restart or cold boot The MOBO doesn't POST completely and the VGA led on mobo turns to red. This doesn't happen always but keeps happening 80% of the time.. Also sometimes during POST or shortly after successful boot the display cuts off and fans run at full speed but no display.. Since yesterday the card doesn't boot at all..

Tried everything including cleaning of PCI e slots, gfx card, changing slots etc.. Also changed the PCI E power cables to modular ones other than using the standard hard wired ones that come with HX 850.. still same issue..

Final try I got my old 9800 GTX+ from my old system and placed it on my M-IV-E and boom the problem is gone.. The system is stable and none of those issues.. So can I conclude my card can be sent for RMA?

Also I had good experience with Rashi peripherals(XFX) previously when they replaced my dead artifacted 8800 GTS 320 MB (purchased 2007) with a 9800 gtx+ in 2010.. So if I give it to Rashi for RMA which card can I expect now?
A GTX 680 or 780 or 770 (all DCII versions)..etc.

According to ur experience does ASUS offer anything like marginal price for a upgrade in RMA?

Please reply guys and give me a solution

Please reply guys and give me a solution

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Have u updated graphic drivers recently? new nvidia driver are a PITA...314.xx series does good for me...Go to safe mode...unistall old drivers...install those...give it a shot if you can...

OP
M

msaiashwin

Journeyman
Digicomp has confirmed that my card is not repairable and hence woupd be replaced...I guess since 580 was obselete long time back they would issue me a credit note from rashi..

Is that a good option? And what would be the price of gtx 780 after the massive price cut? ($499)?

Top Bottom