Asus A8n-vm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Hey Guys

What is the overall performance and gaming performance of the
ASUS A8N VM motherboard?Can I play games like GTA San Andreas on it?
How can I enable dual channel mode on this motherboard?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Gaming performance would be lower than that of a Geforce 6200.
Yes, GTA San Andreas will work on it.
Dual channel is enabled by default when you use 2 or 4 RAM chips of the same speed and capacity.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Go for CSM as it performs a lil better (as the core is clocked 50MHz more) nd also support HDTV output. So its more future proof. Not much diff in price. Only bout 300~400.

shovik

Banned
The Asus A8n-vm has a graphics subsystem of G-Force 6150 Northbridge chipset and NVIDIA nForce 430 as the southbridge chipset, hence GTA San Andreas would work fine provided there is atleast 256 MB of memory.

The board is an micro ATX board with socket 939 for AMD processors. For further technical specs visit the following link:
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131570

and for review of the board visit:
*www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2370

And the current price of the board in Kolkata is Rs.3,500/-.

Regards,
Shovik.

plsoft

Journeyman
shovik Asus A8N-VM & Asus A8N-VM CSM are different boards. What you have mentioned is for the CSM, and i think the price must be higher than Rs 3,500 for the CSM.

coolman

Right off the assembly line
can anyone plz post the actual price of a8n-vm csm in kolkata and a place where i can get it in kolkata.will the msi board be better for the same chipset.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
If you have a good system for the other components then GTA may work if it is supported but it will still play crap, to paly it acceptably you need to invest in a graphic card.

If you have any A64 with 1gb ram or more you may be able to play, but crappily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom