Assembly Language Discussion Thread

OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In
Re: Assembly language programing in 8086up......!!

Hi again,

please a small program how to use in & out port in 8085 stimulator??

Anish

Spectre

Sorry dude, I dunno how to use the 8085 simulator..
Tried once but i dont like it like the processor kit :))

But let me give you a clear program in Assembly.

before that how to use the in and out instructions?

Code:
IN 8-bit port address

OUT 8-bit port address

IN instruction gets input from the user via the specified 8 bit port and stores it in the accumulator.
OUT instruction displays or makes available the contents of the accumulator on the specified port.

Now the simple program to add two numbers and display its result using IN and OUT

Code:
MVI B,34H
IN F2H
ADD B
OUT F3H
HLT

Explanation line by line:
1. Moves the hex value 34H into B register
2. Gets input via port F2H and stores it in accumulator
3. Adds the content of B register(34H) to the contents of accumulator (which you entered)
4. Displays the result or makes the result available at port F3H
5. Halts the program

Last edited:
OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In

The IN & out command are not dirctly connected to up in real i think for this PIO is used or not??

Sorry dude, I dunno how to use the 8085 simulator..
Tried once but i dont like it like the processor kit

If you want to run then you may download Oshon 8085 stimulator then select tool -> ass. write your simple ass. lang. program then Load it with compliling in above option given in ass., try this will help you..

Anish

Spectre

If you want to run then you may download Oshon 8085 stimulator then select tool -> ass. write your simple ass. lang. program then Load it with compliling in above option given in ass., try this will help you..

I will surely give it a try.. But what is the use of learning assembly when there are much sophisticated languages such as python and c out there?

I advice you to learn python as it is easy and also widely popular language.

Anish

Spectre

yes, i have used it in trainer kit in my lab practicals... and never used in any of my individual projects yet.

what is the use of old 8085 when there are advanced controllers such as PIC 16F877 ?????

OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In

Yeah, but i want to go with basic...., see my projects (signature)

OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In

In 8086 up the pin s3 & s4 are given for choosing which segment of memory to be used DS,ES,SS,CS how it choose memory by 2 bit as whole memory is of 20bits i.e. 1MB??

OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In

reply..............

reply.......................!!

please, reply.................................

noja

Bang! Bang!

I only know 8085 which is like reverse of 86

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

In a few days I have my Assembly Exam of MCA (IGNOU). And I was about to make a thread, so that I can get assistance regarding learning this seemingly impossible language to learn, i.e., Assembly!

But this thread, seems to be a good place to do just that!
I have just 4 days to learn Assembly, which I hope, is enough. I think it's not impossible to learn Assembly, since, I already came from programming background (C, C++), and since my concepts are clear, of number systems.

Currently I am watching this YouTube tutorial to being grasping the concepts of Assembly.. and think it's a great starting point.
Here's the link:
YouTube - Assembly Language Tutorial

OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In

Yeah, i starts with basic and this will continues with ashish will here after exam.....

Anish

Spectre

@Vineet: The problem with asm is that unlike other languages like c, python, its machine hardware oriented... i.e. Different keywords for different hardwares....which makes it difficuilt to the eyes of the world

OP
RITESH

RITESH

Broken In

Hi anish,

how to program use i/o port in 8085 up??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Well given Assembly exam. Without any knowledge of Assembly Language. Failed to learn even this time too.
Next would be my fourth attempt, but until then, I promise myself to learn Assembly by heart! If friends here help.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker

Is there any difference between 8085 programming and 8086 programming?

Anish

Spectre

Is there any difference between 8085 programming and 8086 programming?

Sure.. like i said before, asm differs for different for hardwares... it may be same while compiling on a pentium or similar machine using a compiler. But when you directly program 8085, its coded in hex format and for 8086, assembley format.

Top Bottom