Assembled PC for a Stock Trader

kkr555

Right off the assembly line
The main job for the computer is to trade Stocks on the National Stock Exchange (NSE).

(a) I usually have at least 2 distinct brokerage ODIN windows open simultaneously. Each of them automatically updates the stock prices based on the trades that occur at NSE.
(b) I also have a Internet Explorer open with around 5 tabs, each surfing and refreshing various web sites.
(c) I also have MS Outlook 2011 Email + Yahoo messenger open.
(d) I also have an MS Excel 2011 spreadsheet open to display my current positions. Sometimes I may have to open a MS Word 2011 document in a jiffy to check trading/bank a/c numbers, etc.
(e) I also have a trading software that displays the tick by tick chart of Nifty Futures.

Apart from trading, I also use it for some book keeping with Word/Excel + Quicken 2011 (similar to Microsoft Money).

I already own a Athlon computer that was assembled in Dec 2005 (or was it 2006?). It is a single core 2000 Mhz Athlon processor with 1 GB RAM. Recently I have been running into problems where it suddenly reboots all of a sudden. That's no good at all esp. when the markets turn volatile. It has occurred on 3 separate occasions in the past 15 days or so.

Hence I am looking to assemble a new box at the cheapest cost. I already have Mouse/Keyboard/LCD monitor

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Trading stocks

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yeah why not

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: As cheap as I could manage with without losing out on efficiency.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Right now I am using XP Pro, but I may switch over to Win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 180 GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: I already own a DELL 2408WFP (24 inch) monitor that is usually set at a resolution of 1280 x 800.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: I used to be a IT guy.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: No. The assemble will do it.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: I am thinking of buying it within the next 1-3 months.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: I already have the monitor, key board/mouse and possibly DVD-RW. Everything else needs to be changed.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I wish to buy only with a particular person who assembled my old PC.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: The markets are open from 9:15 to 15:30. The computer usually runs non-stop from 8:45 till about 16:00. Later in the day, I log back in at 9 PM or so and stay on till about midnight. I have an UNLIMITED USAGE BSNL BROADBAND PLAN

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x3 440|3200
Motherboard |Asus M4A78LT-M LE|2600
RAM |G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ|1100
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12/ WDC 500GB Blue|1700
PSU |FSP saga II 350W|1500
Case |Zebronics Bijli w/o psu|1100
UPS |APC 600VA|1800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1000
| Total |14000

Last edited:

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
please mention your budget so that experts will suggest best combination...

Still, if u have budget of 23k and need intel configuration then just take a look at my signature...else above 15k is good for office use...

Last edited:
Top Bottom