Assemble a video editing rig for me please!

bawkbawkboom

Right off the assembly line
I have bought the Intel Core i7 920 long back but due to some financial reason I paused the process of assembling the whole pc. But now as I have a mere 30k in my hand I would like to tell you, I need at least 60Gb SSD, 8GB DDR3 Ram, and a good graphic card that would be good for video editing and not "Gaming".

I have Processor- core i7 920
Cabinet CM Elite 335
PSU CM Extreme ed 600Watt
I have a LCD Monitor -AOC (want the second monitor(led) from dell/the 2nd best)

So please help out!

Techniboy

Hello World!!
Hi,

Get all these..

SSD-Corsair Nova Series 2 60GB Internal Solid State Drive (CSSD-V60GB2) RS.5.5k
RAM-G.SKILL RipjawsX 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz RS.2.9k
Graphics Card-Msi Radeon HD6850(R6850 CYCLONE 1GD5-PE-OC) RS.10k
Monitor-Dell 23inch Widescreen Flat Panel LED Monitor (ST2320L) RS.10.6k

TOTAL=29,000

OP
B

bawkbawkboom

Thanks for the reply, but where is the motherboard?....second monitor is not that important,but thanks for your reply once again.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I7 920 is Bloomfield based 1366 socket processor and you need X58 chipset based motherboard for it. But the problem is that processor and motherboard has already reached their end of life and Intel has already stopped manufacturing them. They are now replaced by Intel Sandybridge based Core i7/i5 processors. So I think you better sell your processor and get a Core i5 2400 + Intel DH67BL motherboard around 16K.

But if you wanna keep your processor then get the following motherboard:
Asus Sabertooth X58 @ 11.5K
ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 Motherboard

Also regarding Graphics card, as you've asked for a strictly Workstation Graphics card, get the AMD FireGL V7700 @ 12.15K from here.

OP
B

bawkbawkboom

Thanks Cilus for your kind reply,

it is very sad for me to sell that Jem, when I bought it there was no core i7 owner near buy nor now that much,but It is really hard for me to downgrade to core i5.
I wanted to have the coolest and fast video rig for myself...
but its time to rethink again,ponder upon the fact that hardware market is really brutal, they would play monopoly every next 2years....
and neither we can go against Moore's law....
So I better change my mind.
But How to sell this baby?..
Who would pay for this?
Any suggestion or platform you want to suggest?

S_V

In the zone
@bawkbawkboom

you are not downgrading with second generation i5 such as 2400 and 2500 ,K both these processors will consistently beats your i7 920 at ease...

But since you mentioned about some Video Editing but not much gaming, I think your Bloom Field is better becoz of HT feature.. still i think i5 2400 and i5 2500 will match up...

Also getting Good Price for already out from the shelf is really Hard in India.. Becoz in INDIA second hand means lesssss value even if it is 1 day old only... So keep it and Buy that Mobo suggested by Clius unless you get good price for your product. if not i7 920 is not a bad processor at all. It still got it's own Tricks to perform good and can be your COOLEST and Fast Rig....

Get this buddy!!!:razz::razz:

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO @ RS.11.4k
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P7P55D-E PRO

What are you trying to do man? That mobo can't handle the Girth and size of the i7 Chip :p

S_V

In the zone
wait ........

That mobo supports only.... 1156 socket but not 1366 socket.....

Core i7 920 is 1366 socket....

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Its Dell now? thought the BenQ LEDs were good for design related woik
if its a secondary monitor check out the older TFT screens if you already have a LED screen, maybe you will like it and get a deal

donno about the prices where you are, they seem higher than they were a couple of months ago lol... components prices are higher than usual till Feb around where I stay

video editing is more processor intensive, not so much gfx, but you need a good one for the dual monitors, if you are planning to run the OS and the editing software on the SSD you need a lot more SSD space, you can check how much you need by installing all of it on a HDD first, if not then just save by skipping on the SSD its only abt 4-5 mins saved in an hours work its use is just a little snappier
youll need tons of space on regular HDDs as well, backup with a RAID setup if you are doing it professionally
rig needs a good sound card too

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
If you're not much into gaming you can go for a Qudro or FireGL based card. I', not very sure about the availability or models of these cards.

OP
B

bawkbawkboom

Watched Real Steel,
and I am pumped up once again...going all in with my baby core i7 920!!!
Where to buy? with good after sale reputation store that sales ATI FirePro cards in India?

oh BTW my location is SILIGURI.

Motherboard:Asus Subertooth x58 12911 (from flipkart)
RAM:12 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 4 (GB X 3) 4662 (from flipkart)
GPU: Shapphire FirePro V4800 9XXX (From ?)

Cash in Hand (40000-27000)= 13000
Will accumulate a bit more cash and invest in a better display/solid state drive/cpu cooler (its winter in here so not much worried about heat at the moment plus not going to 'OC' the cpu)

Top Bottom