Assemble a computer from 1982-1986 era.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I'm doing a college project where i have to select the best personal computer between 1982-1986. From what I've read on google is that IBM XT286 was the best.(correct me if I'm wrong). I've to collect the detailed technical specifications of all the parts, manufacturing company and their prices individually and then I need to give a presentation on that. I''m well versed in the dialect of modern computers but 80's are out of my depth as I was born in early 90's. Thus kindly assist me in this project. I'll give the credit to all of you guys in my presentation ;)

Here is what I've collected so far.(update whatever information you have and past it in the thread).

IBM XT 286(IBM 5162) $3995

Processor: Intel 80286 6 MHz
Processor Cache 64 KB
System Memory 1 MB

Motherboard:
HDD: 20mb+ seagate
GPU:
Monitor:
Keyboard:
Mouse:
RAM: 640 kilobytes 0 wait state memory upgradable up to 12.6 megabytes
Floppy Drive: 1.2megabyte floppy disk drive (don't know the company name or price :( )
CD-ROM:
Pen Drive:
Speaker:
Printer:
Scanner:
Camera:
UPS:
Card Reader:
Modem:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Why have you created this thread in PC Components/Config. section? Ask any mod to move it to Hardware QnA section.

This section is only for suggestions to those who are gonna buy new PC and wanna know the best config they can get.

vaibhav99

Broken In
hi,
currently i am outstation may have some info about ur queries on home pc, few things if i recall may be i am wrong ...

monitor were samtron or ibm..
floppy drives - ibm or verbatin
printer - epson
pen drive - there was no concept of pen drive data storage was prime
gpu - gpu?? it was all character base days
keyboard were mechanical . and same goes with mouse

i might have mixup few years of pc generation ...
if i am not wrong i think so digit had published fastrack about the pc history,
the single fastrack will complete ur project in few hours .. try to find it

Vaibhav
Ps. will send u more details once reach home next week

Top Bottom