Assassin's Creed : Unable to hear the Character Voice, when interaction happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Yesterday i just installed to play Assassin's Creed, after i brought the game a month ago. Playing is not a problem, but in the game play, whenever Altair meets/interacts any people and they talk. I dont hear any voice of speech, only background music will be there, Is the game like that, or is it any issue.

I have not installed the Patch, which i had downloaded sometime ago. Should i install the patch.

Last edited:

Kalyan

Journeyman
I'm giving this reply as I had the similar problem. when using headphones, I couldnt hear sound where as when using the 5.1 speakers, I used to hear the sound.

If you are using headphones/earphones or 2/2.1 speakers? the problem is with surround sound. you can hear slightly low sounds when you move the mouse and keep it at an angle. You shouldnt be having a problem with 5.1 speakers. Change windows speakers setup to 2 speakers (if set to 5.1) or change the setting in game for stereo output (if available).

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Click Start->Run, type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) and hit enter. Switch to the Sound tab and under the DirectX Features section, drag the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level slider all the way to No Acceleration.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I'm giving this reply as I had the similar problem. when using headphones, I couldnt hear sound where as when using the 5.1 speakers, I used to hear the sound.

If you are using headphones/earphones or 2/2.1 speakers? the problem is with surround sound. you can hear slightly low sounds when you move the mouse and keep it at an angle. You shouldnt be having a problem with 5.1 speakers. Change windows speakers setup to 2 speakers (if set to 5.1) or change the setting in game for stereo output (if available).

Sure will try this today after going home. Will see if it works for me, Since my motherboard has Supreme FX Card which came with my Motherboard.

Click Start->Run, type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) and hit enter. Switch to the Sound tab and under the DirectX Features section, drag the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level slider all the way to No Acceleration.
How does the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level affect the Sound in the game if i set to No Acceleration. Without Hardware Acceleration, does the sound work. Does it not cause any issue to other games, or other applications, which depend on this.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Kalyan said:
This would most probably be the case. This would happen to me in Lost Planet when Windows sound setup would default to 7.1 channel sound. I wouldn't be able to hear the background music, gunshots fired or even character speech. Turning to Desktop stereo speakers did the trick.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
How does the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level affect the Sound in the game if i set to No Acceleration. Without Hardware Acceleration, does the sound work. Does it not cause any issue to other games, or other applications, which depend on this.

I had the same problem. I resolved it this way. Oh, and I made a mistake in the first post. It should be this way:

Control Panel->Sounds & Audio Devices, under the Volume tab click the Advanced button in Speaker Settings section, switch to Performance tab and set the h/w acceleration to None.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I had the same problem. I resolved it this way. Oh, and I made a mistake in the first post. It should be this way:

Control Panel->Sounds & Audio Devices, under the Volume tab click the Advanced button in Speaker Settings section, switch to Performance tab and set the h/w acceleration to None.

Will do try this at home today. And will let u know whether it worked for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom