Assassin's Creed Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
This is the Assassin's Creed official thread. Any discussions about the game or its problems will be and should be done here. Please do not make seperate threads for your problems related to this game.
Well I finished the game 3 days ago on my PC. I played it using a XBOX 360 controller so the controls were great but how the actual PC controls are, I don't know.
Game in its gameplay and graphics and audio department is superb. Its Audio is given by Jesper Kyd. I hope ya'll know who he is...
My conclusion after playing through the game was:

1. Ancient Assassin stuff was cool but if the next part is set in the future then can't say how that would be like?
  2. If its an assassin game then what happened to crouching? Since here stealth kills too are fast and nimble and accompanied with a sudden audio impluse, it doesn't remains so much stealthy and crouching is not missed in majority part of the game except the time when you go to assassinate ur target or eliminate Templar.
  3. As it seems after playing the game that PoP-Two Thrones was sort of test bed for this type of environment and gameplay, they should have included more or different weapons of the same type.
  4. In case combat, countering and dodging becomes boring after sometime. Whatever happened to the "Free Form Fighting system" ?
  5. Ending could have been better, its just abrupt and not satiating.
Anymore comments, brickbats or suggestions, all are welcomed. :cool:

Beta Waves

Journeyman
^+1 Its a boring game. We have to keep doing the same thing. I finished Damascus, Acre, Jeruselum, now i have stopped playing that..
Guys who have finished the game- Is there anything different other than scaling view points, saving citizens ....... Will the game change after sometime ? Can anyone post the story outline ?

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
^Guys who have finished the game- Is there anything different other than scaling view points, saving citizens ....... Will the game change after sometime ? Can anyone post the story outline ?

ya it sure does :D the1st half ( or maybe 3/4th) of the game is HIGHLY repetitive :( ..gets on ur nerves....but i saw in its video review that thr was some kinda twist in the end..also i wanted to know what it was that those scientists were looking for in Altair's memories...so this kept me going...i found the ending pretty cool.... :)

*********************SPOILERS ALERT*********************

hacking the lady scientist's (frgt her name.Lucy or something.....completed game bak in april) comp gives u the info that even she too is an assassin n is actually trying to help u out....n if u read her emails n seperate the capital letters in the last email,it reads out as "WE WILL BE THERE SOON" which explains how the ppl trying to rescue you knew where to come....

not to mention the fact that this Desmond guy or whatever, attains the Eagle vision in the end which his ancestor's possessed, enabling him to view hidden inscriptions on the walls written by previous assassins who were captured thr...

(check out the ending of Assassin's creed on youtube if u are in no mood to complete it..its pretty cool what all the inscriptions tell :) )

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I have completed the game too. I enjoyed it thoroughly, although I do agree that it got a bit repetitive. It's a beautiful game. I found it prettier than crysis. And it scales well. Looked awesome even with my 8500GT( I have 3GB RAM and C2D, so that helps too).

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
This game had so much potential but essentially UBI ruined it with repetitive gameplay and slow story pacing.
And I hated the longass dialogues every 5 mins.

Having said that,the game has a promising story

*Spoiler Alert*
Did anyone notice that the templar rocket will be fired at the same day on which the world will end,predicted by the warnings at the end of the game?Interesting:D

It will be interesting to see what is the setting of next game.I hope UBI takes the title more seriously.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
@Fredrick: Please give spoiler warnings.

Same goes for everyone else as well.

sry...shud have mentioned....

@ctrl_alt_del... the line after ****SPOLIERS END**** also spoiler :p.....editing it now :)

I have completed the game too. I enjoyed it thoroughly, although I do agree that it got a bit repetitive. It's a beautiful game. I found it prettier than crysis. And it scales well. Looked awesome even with my 8500GT( I have 3GB RAM and C2D, so that helps too).

prettier than crysis?? i doubt that ... the game does wonderfully well in reproducing the market type outside environment n all...but crysis is another level i feel...also,the claim that AS wud have a open ended world was far fetched...the free form system is pretty much valid for u being able to climb almost any structure that u come across...but the world is restricted to that n not much else....

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Crysis was great in rendering outside sceneries, while Assassin's Creed in Town and inside locations. It was repetitive but I didnt get bored with it. And it did seem to be slightly based on the Two Thrones' silent killing.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
And I loved the stealth assassination part. It looked awesome. Atleast on my system this game looked out of the world. And since it's not an FPS I could play it at lower frame rates( Around 20) but it still felt smooth.

channabasanna

In the zone
Guys dont laugh at my plight,

I just started playing the game.. I am unable to move inbetween the people who carry those pots and move around.

I am telling about the very start, infact training...

I tried so much to push the people gentley, but failed :(

Please help me.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
ROFL!!! Sry but it was inevitable 2 laugh :D .its simple really. The key is 'left shift' i think. Dont click any button on the mouse.keep shift button pressed n move forward by pressing W.u will automatically 'gently push' n swear at whoever comes in ur way :D

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
For that you have to press and hold the gentle push button. The required control is always shown in the top right hand corner of the screen. Are you playing with a game pad or keyboard mouse?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i just started playing the game. i reached damascus. could u guys tell me how to pick pocket ? i am unable to o it somehow. .

thanx

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
First lock on to the target. Then press and hold the "Gentle Push" button as you sneak up from behind the target. Altair will pickpocket himself. You just have to hold down the "Gentle Push" button.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ok. will try . . but when i did that in that first , that guy turned and started yelling and guards chased me . . should i have to do it holding the "blend" button which causes altair to walk slowly praying ? i'll try it tomorrow. . thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom