ASP.NET Development Problem in Visual Studio 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

I am encountering a strange problem while developing ASP.NET apps in VS 2005. Whenever i run my asp.net app, Visual Studio open a browser window to run my app within it and the program execution stops when i close this window. now, behind the scene, in the system tray it runs the Webdev.Webserver.exe, the .NET framework's development server that serves the application pages. This webserver runs on a specific port. so for example if the server is running on port 52386 then the url of my asp.net app becomes *localhost:52386/myapp.

But when i run my app my browser opens at a port number which is 2 less then the real one. That means, that if the real port is 52386, my browser opens at *localhost:52384/myapp. On doing this, for obvious reason, it shows page cannot be displayed error. now what is this?

I checked my hosts file. its clean with only one entry for localhost with address 127.0.0.1 . System is clean and fully patched Windows Vista RTM and IIS 7 and SQL Server 2005 Express. I keep IIS stopped so that it doesn't interfere in anyway. Please somebody help me out, i am very irritated due to this. :(

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
this is a bug i have faced too..

u need to right click and close/exit the server icon from the tray before a quick F5 kinda run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom